Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already ordered a CAI which is apparently on backorder.

I want to order a boost gauge tommorrow, probably a DEFI.

Still need to figure out which EBC i want. The ProFec E-01 I like and I'm thinking about, but seems a bit cumbersome.

But how nice are those SBC controllers? Particularly the i-color. The one I like would eliminate the need for a boost gauge actually. A bit more costly. But I think it might be one of those 'fuzzy logic' controllers, and I don't want one of those.

And I want some wheels

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
E-bay, e-bay, and e-bay. That oughta cover it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
E-bay, e-bay, and e-bay. That oughta cover it.
[/b]
be weary of Ebay for wheels...I'd recomend tirerack.com or some of the other big name online wheel stores

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got my DeFi Boost from www.EdoPerformance.com, no problems arriving although I haven't installed it yet, hehe.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to reorder my CAI as the group buy was backordered and might be quite a while before they can mail it to me.

I'm still looking for my boost gauge and my boost controller, I can't make up my mind. :swearin:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I got my DeFi Boost from www.EdoPerformance.com, no problems arriving although I haven't installed it yet, hehe.
[/b]
what came with your defi gauge when you ordered it? (wire, tube, connectors, etc.)

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Control Unit II came with a wire for power, a wire to connect the unit up to a gauge, double sided tape, and some wire splicers thingies.

The Boost Gauge comes with the a simple gauge mount, a "daisy-chain" wire, a sensor, a rubber tube for the sensor (roughly 12"), a T-connector, and the wire to run from the sensor to the control unit.

I haven't hooked mine up yet because I need buy a small screw / bolt for mounting the sensor and I have no clue where I want to put the gauge yet. Overall though the kit looks nice and should hopefully be a straightforward install.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The Control Unit II came with a wire for power, a wire to connect the unit up to a gauge, double sided tape, and some wire splicers thingies.

The Boost Gauge comes with the a simple gauge mount, a "daisy-chain" wire, a sensor, a rubber tube for the sensor (roughly 12"), a T-connector, and the wire to run from the sensor to the control unit.

I haven't hooked mine up yet because I need buy a small screw / bolt for mounting the sensor and I have no clue where I want to put the gauge yet. Overall though the kit looks nice and should hopefully be a straightforward install.
[/b]
Did you go for the Defi BF imperial or one of the other models?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yep, it's the DeFi BF Imperial (Amber). All the pics seems to show it as a perfect match. Now if only I could find a good 60mm mount solution...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yep, it's the DeFi BF Imperial (Amber). All the pics seems to show it as a perfect match. Now if only I could find a good 60mm mount solution...
[/b]
yeah I hear that...i might fiberglass something up with the help of a friend who makes his own sub boxes

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still looking for a place to buy both the boost controller and the gauge. I probably want the DEFI, but I really want one of the mechanical ones.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm still looking for a place to buy both the boost controller and the gauge. I probably want the DEFI, but I really want one of the mechanical ones.
[/b]
They are coming out with a new line of gauges which won't need the control unit (although I believe they are still electrical) in September. The "Blue Racer" series. I think the name would have described it a little better if it was called the "Blue Ricer", but that's just my opinion. You can pre-order at EDO.

http://shop.edoperformance.com/product_inf...oducts_id=13601

1 - 16 of 16 Posts