Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there any good places to buy factory parts online? Avondale and Jim Ellis Mazda have been OK but their websites are pretty bad, they throw away your cart after a day, and they don't have any discounts. In the past I have found discounts from Avondale on Ebay or Amazon, but buying direct from their website doesn't seem to get good pricing.

Anyone have any good options in 2022?
Thanks in advance.

Edit for posterity: See my results in post #16:

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Depends on who has the part in stock - there's a handful of different Mazda parts websites that are hit and miss depending on what you're after. Most common things can be found on RockAuto, it's the specifics you'll likely end up on one of these - Iuse Jim Ellis to get part numbers and then google around to see who's got it.
Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue Number

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is there any good places to buy factory parts online? Avondale and Jim Ellis Mazda have been OK but their websites are pretty bad, they throw away your cart after a day, and they don't have any discounts. In the past I have found discounts from Avondale on Ebay or Amazon, but buying direct from their website doesn't seem to get good pricing. Shippin

Thanks in advance.
Mazda Swag is a reliable source with reasonable pricing.

Shop OEM Mazda Parts Online up to 35% off MSRP | Mazda Swag | MazdaSwag

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on who has the part in stock - there's a handful of different Mazda parts websites that are hit and miss depending on what you're after. Most common things can be found on RockAuto, it's the specifics you'll likely end up on one of these - Iuse Jim Ellis to get part numbers and then google around to see who's got it.
Does Rock Auto sell OEM Mazda parts? I thought they only sold third-party parts (it's been ten years since I used them though)

That is what I normally do, but the problem I have is that nobody seems to have consistently decent pricing and a website that doesn't cause me anguish using it. Even finding part numbers on Jim Ellis is a bit of a pain. Mazda is the first brand of car I've ever had this problem with.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Does Rock Auto sell OEM Mazda parts? I thought they only sold third-party parts (it's been ten years since I used them though)

That is what I normally do, but the problem I have is that nobody seems to have consistently decent pricing and a website that doesn't cause me anguish using it. Even finding part numbers on Jim Ellis is a bit of a pain. Mazda is the first brand of car I've ever had this problem with.
RockAuto has OEM replacements, but I don't think they have any actual OEM. What kind(s) of parts are you looking for that the prices vary so much? I know stealerships mark things up a ton but have you asked around to see what they have for prices just to get a baseline?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there any good places to buy factory parts online? Avondale and Jim Ellis Mazda have been OK but their websites are pretty bad, they throw away your cart after a day, and they don't have any discounts. In the past I have found discounts from Avondale on Ebay or Amazon, but buying direct from their website doesn't seem to get good pricing. Shippin

Thanks in advance.
I think it depends on your location and the shipping costs. I'm in Illinois, so if I drive through Chicago, I'll stop by and pick up parts from Evanston Autobarn Mazda (https://www.mazdaofchicagoland.com/parts/). Online, I'll usually order from Orland Park Mazda (Shop Mazda Parts Online in the Midwest – Zoom Zoom Nation Parts) And not all dealerships are equal -- our local Napleton's in Urbana, IL charges 2.5 - 3 times more for parts than the aforementioned dealerships. I noticed the lowest price in an online dealership parts store in Florida, but with shipping, they are more expensive than those in Illinois for me. I'm guessing dealerships near ports (Florida and California; maybe Texas) will have the lowest parts prices. But shipping will equalize with a fair local dealership in your state.

I also bought OEM used wheels on FB Marketplace and eBay. eBay has a lot of listings from good scrapyards which certify quality (free returns) and have low-cost shipping due to contracting & the high volume they have.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RockAuto has OEM replacements, but I don't think they have any actual OEM. What kind(s) of parts are you looking for that the prices vary so much? I know stealerships mark things up a ton but have you asked around to see what they have for prices just to get a baseline?
Yeah, I am looking for factory parts for stuff like:

Serpentine belt and updated tensioner
Battery tie-down (mine is all corroded)
One of my grab handles in the cabin broke off
Door cup plastics (these get trashed and lost over time)
And then obviously maintenance stuff like oil filters and air filters (I prefer to buy OEM rather than aftermarket)

For my BMW there are a plethora of websites that sell both genuine BMW and OE-manufacturer (a lot of BMW parts have multiple manufacturers) side by side, with great prices. For my Toyotas there was always Lithia among other web-oriented dealerships which would sell at a discount online with a good website. But for Mazda all of them seem to be pretty close to the same. None of them make searching for parts easy on the website. It is always difficult to determine if it's the exact part you are looking for. For example, there are three or four different part numbers that come up when you try to find what windshield wiper to use for my 2015 6. This might be a Mazda problem rather than a dealership problem, but it sure is frustrating.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
287 Posts
I've never seen them sell OEM parts but they do sell aftermarket stuff from known brands like AC Delco, Moog, Beck/Arnley, Wagner, Bendix, Bosch, Brembo, Gates, Monroe, Gabriel, and KYB. I've actually seen a few Motorcraft items from time to time, which I suppose, could be the closest thing thing to Mazda OEM.

This might be a Mazda problem rather than a dealership problem, but it sure is frustrating.
Mazda is arguably the smallest of the Japanese manufacturers both in terms of company size and sales, and it is considerably smaller than BMW when measured by the same metrics. Unless sales pick up, and Mazda owners show an interest in buying OEM parts, then I believe we are destined to be limited in that regard. I'm just happy that we can find parts any at all!

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Mazda is arguably the smallest of the Japanese manufacturers both in terms of company size and sales, and it is considerably smaller than BMW when measured by the same metrics. Unless sales pick up, and Mazda owners show an interest in buying OEM parts, then I believe we are destined to be limited in that regard. I'm just happy that we can find parts any at all!
Small, but by far the best bang for your buck car brand! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
partsouq.com is another one. Most times their prices are dramatically lower than anything stateside. They are in Dubai but parts come in a few days via DHL. I also like that the they have the actual parts diagrams. They don't have the dumbed down interface every Mazda parts site uses.

·
Registered
Mazda 6 sport 2019
2 Posts

Thanks in advance.
I use RockAuto.com. They always have a huge selection to choose from.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,401 Posts
I will search by part number and then go with the lowest part+shipping price.
An alternative I have used before is to use a local dealer that price matches other dealers. I then take the price I found online and they will almost always match it. The advantage is I don't have to pay shipping. I just did this with Honda and picked up an OEM tow package for $400 instead of $900. Most times its just easier to order and pay the shipping because it is still cheaper than taking the time to drive out to the dealer and wait. 🤷‍♂️
For everything else non-OEM I use Rockauto. I will just choose the OEM supplier. Like NTK or Denso, Koyo, Motorcraft....whatever company supplies the dealer with their part is the one I order from the Rock.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about a follow-up question. Anyone know a good online parts database or microfiche that works better than the garbage websites from all the dealers? If I had a better way to look up parts, that would save me a lot of time. Toyodiy.com (Toyotas) and newTIS.com (BMW) were both great resources that I used regularly, until they got shut down. Hopefully there is something like that out there for Mazdas?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I don't know why, but when I went back to this website their prices were much lower than MSRP. They ended up being the lowest-priced option I found other than RealMazdaParts.com. After much effort my conclusion is that these two websites are the lowest/best options I could find.

RealMazdaParts.com had the lowest prices. However, they were out of stock for two of the parts I needed, and said I flat out couldn't buy a replacement battery tie-down bracket (their website just said it was "not for sale").

Jim Ellis had all the parts, and had a slight discount off MSRP, but was not the cheapest. Their website also deletes your cart after a day or so, which is very frustrating.

DiscountedMazdaParts.com (Renton, WA) had great pricing and everything in stock, but they charged me sales tax for their state, and then refused to remove it even though I do not have sales tax in my state. I had to cancel my order.

MazdaSwag.com was the only place I found that had all the parts I needed and had good prices. Their prices were a couple dollars higher than RealMazdaParts.com, but lower than Jim Ellis. I saved about $40 on a $250 order, which was great. It shipped same day as I ordered and as long as everything comes in correct, I will be using them in the future.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I go to this really unusual place for OEM parts. It's called my local Mazda dealership. They give me about 20% off of list, and I never have to pay for shipping. Parts not in stock are usually there the next day, except parts that have a shortage (Let's Go Brandon!) can sometimes take a week. All in all, it is not only cheaper, but faster and more convenient to go to my dealer. They also have great parts diagrams which makes finding the more obscure part a breeze.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I have used MazdaSwag for the past few years and have nothing but good things to say. More often than not, they have the best prices as well.

If you want the best price on OEM parts you can get, join the Mazda MotorSports team and your local affiliated race club. Go do an event or track night, upload results, and BOOM! OEM parts at the price that the dealers pay for them. Just got my first delivery today and have a ton more on saved on my profile for quick checkout. Also access to call the parts or tech team 5 days a week. They'll even deliver same day if you're at an event and need parts to race (depending on location).

·
Registered
61 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Parts vary in cost, I usually use eBay or google and sort by lowest. Use part numbers instead of the description for better results. :) There is no one place that has the best deals on everything, to each site their own pricing on certain stuff and generally, if you're buying multiple parts, it could cost less to get a more expensive part if the shipping savings would be less, i.e Jim Ellis sells part A for $5, part B for $6, but somewhere else part B would be $5, you'd be better off getting it from Jim Ellis if shipping is compounded instead of paying seperate shipping on both sites.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My local dealer has been the best place for me to get parts. They have a web store and will ship, although the web store has changed so you may have to call them at present. Horne Mazda in Tempe, AZ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts