Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have been looking for best color matching LED for OEM HID for a while now... I gone though lots of random leds, and they all came out to be way too blue. And.. today I finally found what I want!!! I adjust the picture, and the color is very close to the real life color. I really love the icy white look, its looks so classy but not ricy :D

WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs from superbrightleds.com They cost 5$ each... still a lot cheaper than piaas. The LED is ratted at 54000mcd, with 5500k color temp, this is the whitest and brightest led I have ever seen, they don't have any trace of blue tint in it. Highly recommand for people that want to match the 4300k oem HID :)

Reactions: jdcms6

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looks really good...
However I still like my PIAAS with 4 LEDS bulbs.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have Halos... so this isn't any use to me... however the corner bumper lights might be fun.... I'll need to order the clear reflector first.... then find a good bulb

·
Registered
437 Posts
Could you reply with the link to the bulb that you got? I'd like to buy them.

I have been looking for best color matching LED for OEM HID for a while now... I gone though lots of random leds, and they all came out to be way too blue. And.. today I finally found what I want!!! I adjust the picture, and the color is very close to the real life color. I really love the icy white look, its looks so classy but not ricy :D

WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs from superbrightleds.com They cost 5$ each... still a lot cheaper than piaas. The LED is ratted at 54000mcd, with 5500k color temp, this is the whitest and brightest led I have ever seen, they don't have any trace of blue tint in it. Highly recommand for people that want to match the 4300k oem HID :)
[/b]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thats it!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That's the first one I tried via someone suggestions. However, I honestly thought it wasn't quite close enough...I may be wrong.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I can't really direct link the product because everything is been listed at the same page..

http://superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html but its the 4th bulb from the top.
[/b]
I just installed some superbrightled's I had laying around the house from an old motorcycle. Pretty happy with them. A picture of mine would look very similar to your picture.

From your link. I installed the ones above the ones you have, the w6-led's.

I don't know if I'm going to keep them in though, because they don't really light up the whole circle like the incandescent OEM's.

I also had some of the ones below the ones you have, the wled-x5 wedge's. But their diameter is to big to fit into the hole. Although I think those would have worked the best. They won't fit.

I had a hell of a time on the left side. The rear cover wouldn't come off because of the air box so I had to leave the cover on with the top cracked open only like 1/2", and "finess" the light housing out/back in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just installed some superbrightled's I had laying around the house from an old motorcycle. Pretty happy with them. A picture of mine would look very similar to your picture.

From your link. I installed the ones above the ones you have, the w6-led's.

I don't know if I'm going to keep them in though, because they don't really light up the whole circle like the incandescent OEM's.

I also had some of the ones below the ones you have, the wled-x5 wedge's. But their diameter is to big to fit into the hole. Although I think those would have worked the best. They won't fit.
I had a hell of a time on the left side. The rear cover wouldn't come off because of the air box so I had to leave the cover on with the top cracked open only like 1/2", and "finess" the light housing out/back in.
[/b]
based on the website's info that those 5 or 6 led bulbs are lot bluer than the one I bought. Most of them are actually around 8000k which is more blue than white. It is not the perfect match, because stock HID is 4300k, and those are 5500k. But still a lot close than the 8000k led that most of people sell.

For install, I suggest you remove the airbox to install the left side though, because it only take like 2 mins to remove the lower airboxs (no bolts), and that gives enought space for installing bulbs.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I can't really direct link the product because everything is been listed at the same page..

http://superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html but its the 4th bulb from the top.
[/b]

I thought you said they were 5.00 the 4th ones down are 14.99. Are you talking about the 1157-W30 White LED bulb those are 4th from the top? thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you are looking at wrong page. The led is on mini-wedge page, not on turn signal bulb page.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got mine today. On the bag it says "DO NOT INSTALL IN HEADLIGHT HOUSING. The heat will cause LED failure and void warranty.

Are these pretty easy to install? Any pictures of what to do?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got mine today. On the bag it says "DO NOT INSTALL IN HEADLIGHT HOUSING. The heat will cause LED failure and void warranty.
Are these pretty easy to install? Any pictures of what to do?
[/b]

It will void the warranty of the lights. Not really a big deal.

The install is pretty easy, there is a cover on the back of each light housing. YOu press DOWN on the clip at the top of the housing and push it off, towads the rear. For the left side you have to take off the bottom of the airbox, or squeeze your fingers in. The light socket pulls right out. Pull out the old blb and put in the new one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just don't use high beam and you will be fine haha. The parking light is very far away from HID, I don't think it will be hot in there.

·
Registered
315 Posts
must be from superbrightleds. I had the same sticker on the bag.

Just FYI, the w6's I put in I had to take out. I had them in a motorcycle previously, with regular halogen bulbs, and the heat must have blown one of them.

Reason I thought of it is because I didn't know if HID lights emit more heat than halogen bulbs. I know hid are a hotter temp, but i thought they used less energy and didn't actually emit as much heat?????Anyone know??? Anyone been blowing the led bulbs?

·
Registered
219 Posts
must be from superbrightleds. I had the same sticker on the bag.

Just FYI, the w6's I put in I had to take out. I had them in a motorcycle previously, with regular halogen bulbs, and the heat must have blown one of them.

Reason I thought of it is because I didn't know if HID lights emit more heat than halogen bulbs. I know hid are a hotter temp, but i thought they used less energy and didn't actually emit as much heat?????Anyone know??? Anyone been blowing the led bulbs?
[/b]

Halogen bulbs emits more heat that HID(xenon lights). The HID design is more effective, hence the same or better luminosity with less power consumption.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts