Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over 49,500 miles and 3 years, I have tried gas from numerous gas companies like Texaco, Mobil, Exxon, Sunoco, Valero, Citgo, Phillips66, Chevron, BP, Fina, and Raceway.

BUT, the 3.0V6 seems to purr like a kitten whenever it gets Exxon. Not Mobil, but Exxon grade 87.

Does anybody have the same opinion as mine, or a difference in opinion?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not that i really pay attension but as far as i know my car runs the same no matter what brand i put in!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Mine did seem to like whatever crap Shell puts in their gasoline...

Then they switched to a higher ethanol blend around here and, even though it's only 10%, my gas mileage has really taken a dive much greater than one would expect from such a small percentage of ethanol. It should be a decrease of about 4%, but mine has been more like 10%.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine is chevron!! For some reason I go a little further on a tank with them! :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I almost always use Exxon 87. I was on a road trip this summer and pretty much used BP/Amaco exclusively, because that's the only gas I could find in the Midwest I'd heard of. The car seems to prefer the Exxon, I get a little more miles to the tank.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Not that i really pay attension but as far as i know my car runs the same no matter what brand i put in!
[/b]
I would have to say this is basically a mental game, unless someone can actually prove that one gas can be better for the 3.0L over another.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have to say this is basically a mental game, unless someone can actually prove that one gas can be better for the 3.0L over another.
[/b]
I would say that too. But u saw that I waited 3 years and 49,500 miles before coming out of the closet :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
What octane gas does everyone use?

·
Registered
48 Posts
What octane gas does everyone use?
[/b]
Oh God, don't start another octane "discussion"! :nono:

·
Registered
810 Posts
i've been an exxon mobil user for a while. they get me the usual 19-21 MPG. sadly there's not too many shell stations around my house. i'd give that a try..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Used to use shell, but they're usually 10 cents more expensive than the exxon (on goldenrod) seem to be. That exxon always has cheaper gas, and it runs just as well on it, undoubtedly. [/b]

Blackmagic, one of my clients used to GATX down in Taft. They provided almost all of the fuel for the Central Florida area. All of the gasoline traveled in a pipeline from Tampa. Once the various venders pulled up their trucks they all got the same gas. The only difference was the additives each one of them put in. So doesn't really matter if it's Citgo, Exxon or whatever. It's all the same except for the additives. I've never noticed a difference in the way my car runs and I'm at about 45,000 miles. I believe it's mental.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts