Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So after reading forum posts for two days, I still can't get a definitive answer to which diff mounts are the best.

I have quite a play in the diff, the bushings are shot (FULLY stock car) and so I was thinking that since dropping the sub-frame is a big job, I might as well replace the front and rear diff mounts, and be over with it. I may even change the CV boots because they look a bit tired (any input on that is welcome as well).
So I was thinking of getting the SURE front and rear diff mounts (the Juggernaught and Dreadnaught). Are they good? Do they fail? Because some people say that the bushings apparently develop a play after some time and then you can hear clunking from the diff. Or is that bulls***?

What are the best diff mounts in your opinion? I'm open to suggestions.

·
Rally Racer
1,994 Posts
Excellent. I would really look after those CV axles, they are no longer available. Grab some OEM boots amd rebuild them. $70 an axle and they'll go another 160,000mi. Aftermarket are terrible and I don't think you can even get the rears anymore.
I remember replacing the diff mount on my 240z. It was a wonderful improvement and I hope it works well for you.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Have you done this yet. Might be a good idea to upgrade the RSB while the sub frame is down. Just make sure the RSB doesn't hit the rear Diff brace. May want to change shocks. Just a thought. I have CP-e rear diff brace. so far so good. gl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts