Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought the 6 in for a minor idling issue. I have the K&N CAI, throttle body ground and the coolant bypass all done. Well I recieved a call that my car was done, they replaced the entire throttle body. Never said anything about the mods causing the problem. The best part of the entire thing is that when they put the new throttle body on they left the bypass alone and they even hooked the ground cable back up. They hooked it up on the bottom of the throttle body so its hidden and out of the way of anything, the only way youd ever know it was there is if you were looking for it. Thats all, I just wanted to share that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I brought the 6 in for a minor idling issue. I have the K&N CAI, throttle body ground and the coolant bypass all done. Well I recieved a call that my car was done, they replaced the entire throttle body. Never said anything about the mods causing the problem. The best part of the entire thing is that when they put the new throttle body on they left the bypass alone and they even hooked the ground cable back up. They hooked it up on the bottom of the throttle body so its hidden and out of the way of anything, the only way youd ever know it was there is if you were looking for it. Thats all, I just wanted to share that.
[/b]
smith cairns in Yonkers, New York did the same for me and have the cpe intake, trans cooler, bypass and ground kit. no questions and they returned the car with a new sportshifter that I complained about and the throttle body as well. anyone of you that live in yonkers or bronx area should use them. Donna is tha BOMB.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wish we have a Mazda dealership in central Jersey is like that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
[/b]
I just got to 8000k. Smith Cairns or over the bridge to Wayne, NJ......hmmmm

·
Registered
160 Posts
[/b]
I hear you. I live in off of exit 104 on the parkway. The dealers down here try to get out of everything.

·
Registered
375 Posts
you can mod anything as long as it doesnt effect the way the engine runs, or stop any emissions stuff it wont void the warrenty... at least thats how the law is interpreted up here in MA

but if you go deep into older laws and read, it is illegal to change anything on your car with non stock parts....
you cant change the tires to something that didnt come on the car, you cant change the light bulbs to anything different, you cant change the air cleaner....

but they dont go by that law unless they really dont like you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts