Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, and very pertinent to the board... I want to get into the Mazda6 owners club and have set my sights on a 5-speed Mazda 6i. I am hoping some of the kind board members here will help me to get this the best deal on this car.

I've done my homework, checked the edmunds.com wholesale price and the Consumer Reports wholesale cost, and am looking for any other tips or advice. How good does my credit need to be to get the 2.9% over 60 month deal Mazda is offering until 6/2? Would there be any advantage to going through auto-by-tel or the like? Is there anything else I should be aware of if I do go into the dealer?

Just for a point of reference, I'll be buying this car in the Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA area, hopefully before 6/2 (as noted above). Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Best Deal on a 6i?'

Not sure if this will help much but here goes......
Considering how it seems Mazda overestimated the the sales of 6I's or underestimated the sales of the 6S, I think your in the drivers seat on this one. There seems to be a abundance of 6I's that Mazda needs to sell.

You can always check your credit before hand so you know where you stand.

Shop around for the best deal, be willing to drive to get the best deal too.
Most of this you should be able to do over the phone. No need to test drive at every dealer.....Go in with your printouts of dealer cost and let them know it too. Then I would call around and see who gives you the best "OUT THE DOOR PRICE"

If that doesn't work, just pay sticker price and drive the pain away.....just kiddin :p

Good luck and let us know when your a 6 man........:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Best Deal on a 6i?

It's Man... thanks Meat6!

Does anyone know how what level of credit (that 1-850 score) is needed to secure the 2.9% APR?

·
Registered
111 Posts

no one could really answer this too specifically unless they are in financing, or sell cars for a living.

i would say the required credit level would be relatively low, since they really want to unload the excess 6i stock.

keep in mind, if you get your credit run and see what financing you would get at too many dealers, but dont accept the financing, that is not a good thing.

anyway, car companies are usually pretty lenient on who gets what financing early in the year, because the model's have been out for a little while now. especially in the case of the 6i, since they want to move that product in a bad way.

you can definitely haggle on the price of the car. and if you can't get that low financing, which you will with your credit, then just haggle them down a little more :)

good luck

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by doublegap

knight_ru - that would be awesome, as I'm just over 700...[/b]
A 700 is almost near a perfect score as far as credit reporting goes. You should be fine in being able to get a loan at a very good rate!

·
Registered
11,748 Posts

Also check with your bank...Sometimes your best rates can be had from the place that's been holding your money for the past few years.

Another place to check is the Credit Union, in case you, or other family members work for the state or federal governments.

The Credit Union will give you a nice rate, even if your credit's horrible.

Also check with....

http://www.aaamidatlantic.com/

http://www.ubs4cars.com/UBS.htm

and

http://www.costcoauto.com

if you are a member of such organizations.

They'll help you get the price down without haggling.

I believe when I checked in MD....

costco's price was 300 USD over dealer invoice.
ubs was 200 USD over dealer invoice.
aaa never got back to me.

If anything else, you can use these prices to help haggle down whatever dealer your working with.

Greg Hess
3dluvr.com
ThirdEye Studios NYC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Wish me luck guys, I'm going in for a test drive tomorrow at noon. Hopefully I will report back with good news... and pictures!

applejax - thanks for the move, I didn't notice this section until after I posted the thread.

·
Registered
356 Posts

I think it depends on more factors than just the credit score. My score is well over 700, but the dealership where I bought my 6 offered me 7.9%. Once I started walking out, they folded, and gave me 3.9%. I might have qualified for the 2.9% (I didn't know about it at the time); but as a first time buyer with less than 5 years of credit, I'm happy with 3.9%.

Don't take the first rate they offer if it's high. You might be able to work them down on that too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts