Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I initially had Nokya's but since they are High Wattage they burned out fast. I was able to get a killer deal on PIAA's both H11's and H1's for 120.... installed them, and I am really dissappointed. Which are the best bulbs to use before upgrading to HID's I would like the opinions of you all. I have the clear corners and they are all with the hyperwhite (blueish) looking bulbs, and it looked great with the Nokya's. But with the PIAA's, the headlights and fogs now look like I have stock bulbs, they are yellowish. Any suggestions?

I will be getting HID's but not for a while. Looking into the apexcone kit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
PIAA Xtreme Force 4700K

·
Registered
705 Posts
I like them better, and they give you more of a blueish tint

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I will be getting HID's but not for a while. Looking into the apexcone kit.
[/b]
If you're just swapping bulbs, it will never look like HID. So if you're picky, you will never be satisfied unless you install a real HID.

So save the money for the HID.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're just swapping bulbs, it will never look like HID. So if you're picky, you will never be satisfied unless you install a real HID.

So save the money for the HID.
[/b]

Its not that im picky, I know i wont match up to HID's until I upgrade. But compared to the Nokya's the PIAA's were just dissappointing.

Thanks for the input! Im gonna look into those PIAA's opposed to the ones that I have.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
philips +50 super white...
they satisfy my need until i upgrade to HID.

i have NO clue how they compare to other bulbs though, but are MUCH better than stockers... they are 4500K and give off a mostly white hue.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Eurolite Xenon Plasma's,the give off a clean blue/white light in the low beam projector.Or go with Piaa Spark 8000k's.I am running them in my fogs and they match my hid pretty good.I have the integrated fogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and the wattage on these are the oem 55W? I had the Nokya's on there but they were pullin 100 for the low beam and 80 W for the fogs and when I replaced the fogs they were incredibly swollen, they were about to blow!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I got Xtec 4000ks for my H11 lower fogs, I'm pretty happy with them, they look pretty white, much whiter than stock.

The driver's side foglight is the one with the Xtec bulb, the passenger side is the stock bulb.

Compared to PIAA or Sylvania they're pretty cheap too, only $30 a pair from therpmstore and they come with lifetime warrantee. I just ordered two more pairs yesterday for my highbeams and for the headlights on my other car. To be honest I've only had them on for 3 months, so I don't know how long they'll last, but at most you'll pay for shipping to ship them back to Xtec and they'll send you new ones.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well 3 months is twice as long as the Nokya's lasted me! Thank you for the feedback and the pictures, good stuff! :thumbup:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Awong124 posted an excellent example of why stock bulbs are actually better than any color coated bulb. Can you see it? Its not the color. Check out how the pavement is lit up. The stock side actually illuminates more area and brighter than his XTEC side.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Awong124 posted an excellent example of why stock bulbs are actually better than any color coated bulb. Can you see it? Its not the color. Check out how the pavement is lit up. The stock side actually illuminates more area and brighter than his XTEC side.[/b]
Yeah, I think a lot of us have read the Daniel Stern thing. I personally don't care about how much it illuminates as long as it's adequate, I just think the yellow is ugly. I don't think anyone wanting super white bulbs is super concerned about how much light they're getting, most people who bother to switch them are more concerned about the look of the color.

After reading the Daniel Stern thing, I still decided to buy the Xtec bulbs to finish off the high beams, and buy super white w5w bulbs for the parking lights. I get enough illumination from my OEM HIDs.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thats cool, long as you know what you're getting. Too many dummies see the white and say "OOOO Much brighter!". Fog lights don't do much for illumination anyway, but its a good illustration of what a colored bulb will do.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got Xtec 4000ks for my H11 lower fogs, I'm pretty happy with them, they look pretty white, much whiter than stock.

The driver's side foglight is the one with the Xtec bulb, the passenger side is the stock bulb.

Compared to PIAA or Sylvania they're pretty cheap too, only $30 a pair from therpmstore and they come with lifetime warrantee. I just ordered two more pairs yesterday for my highbeams and for the headlights on my other car. To be honest I've only had them on for 3 months, so I don't know how long they'll last, but at most you'll pay for shipping to ship them back to Xtec and they'll send you new ones.[/b]

thanks man! I love the look of these lights, so I just ordered myself a pair! :-D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts