Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally I was planning to upgrade to Apple Car Play / Android Auto, but I am going to hold off for a while.

So....If I am not doing the ACP/AA update at this time, is there much benefit in doing the firmware upgrade?

I have a 2016 with the SD navigation I installed and wondered if I would see any improvements in performance/functionality that would be worth the time and risk of doing the update?

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I literally just did the update yesterday with the hub and updated USB cables, but have been in "AA mode" since trying to learn how and get used to it, so unfortunately, I can't give you a comparison as of yet. Found this link, but it's not all up to date on fixes changes to the latest firmware (version I used).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info!

It's weird that my version isn't even listed there..... 51.00.351

I am guessing either way mine could possibly benefit from an upgrade.

When I added navigation it takes forever to startup.

Did you have any issues with the software update?

·
Registered
182 Posts
More than likely it would be good - at least before it gets too far behind where you might have to do a step upgrade in the future. I had no issues with the update. Just make sure to follow the upgrade procedures to the letter. Good quality USB key, before 20 minutes into the update process, open the door to keep it from going into sleep mode etc....
Before updating, what I've been doing to help speed up the head unit startup process is before I left the car, I made sure to leave it on radio and found that the head unit starts up quicker that way than leaving it on USB (mp3) or Nav.

Reactions: soonerbrink

·
Registered
9 Posts
@soonerbrink:

1. See changelog file (PDF in the following link) for fixed bugs/improvements in each firmware version:
2. Official info from Mazda North America for the update to latest firmware 70.00.352 NA:

"If the current software version is older than 55.00.650, update first to 70.00.100, then update to the latest version 70.00.352B."

I would highly recommend to stick to this info & the latest firmware update procedure (for dealers/workshops). All on your own risk, as Mazda does not intend users to update the firmware (only dealers/workshops are allowed to do so).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts