Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent my Scanguage II to be upgraded to the newest revision.
I know that it's capable of displaying tranny temp, torque @ converter, and HP @ crank.
But these may not work with the 6, and I haven't read anything here about people using them.
Can anyone with the latest Scanguage II tell me what new stuff they are able to display?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Trans temp doesn't work with the 6

But if you didn't have the Xgauge capability before you can take any trip display and make that a gauge. I made MPG for this trip (since the car was turned on) a gauge output.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. A gauge for trip mileage would be useful, but with 3 slots being used for FIA, FWT, VLT, I was hoping to use the 4th for tranny temp. Right now I just cycle through MPG, TPS, LOD, or IGN because I really don't care about those other readings.
Did you try messing around with the Ford codes to get tranny temps?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just a little but I had no luck. I tried e-mailing Mazda because I had good luck getting filter dimensions to size a Hydroshield but they didn't escalate it as I would have hoped.

You'll probably have to get a Lotek and get some real gauges to get the good stuff like oil temp, oil pressure, and trans temp.

·
Rally Racer
2,524 Posts
You'll probably have to get a Lotek and get some real gauges to get the good stuff like oil temp, oil pressure, and trans temp.
The ScanGaugeII will read Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) on the 5-speed (JA5A-EL) transmission in Fahrenheit. I am using version 3.17 with the following XGauge parameters.
  • TXD = 07E12217B3
  • RXF = 0462051706B3
  • RXD = 3008
  • MTH = 002A0019FFC7
I am still waiting to hear back from ScanGauge about the Oil pressure.

What I need to know the answer is a list of PID's. I am guessing the oil is just an on/off type things but a guy can be hopeful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts