Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a dyno of before and after adding all the CP-E bolt on modifications including the Intake, DP, and Exhaust. If not before and after, at least an after dyno. I have searched profusely, but not found a dyno with ALL the bolt on's, just some of them. I've ordered them all, and I'm wishing for 40whp and 40wt. Is that too much to ask for?? But, this being a turbo car, that should be on the conservative side of thinking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea, i think thats a reasonable number. you should feel a prety nice difference with those mods.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been looking for such a dyno, myself, and haven't found one. Actually, I've seen very few before/after dynos (from customers) at all.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a dyno of before and after adding all the CP-E bolt on modifications including the Intake, DP, and Exhaust. If not before and after, at least an after dyno. I have searched profusely, but not found a dyno with ALL the bolt on's, just some of them. I've ordered them all, and I'm wishing for 40whp and 40wt. Is that too much to ask for?? But, this being a turbo car, that should be on the conservative side of thinking.
[/b]
Well.....why don't you do the dynos? Since you are getting the parts anyways, then you would really know for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.....why don't you do the dynos? Since you are getting the parts anyways, then you would really know for sure.
[/b]
I've given serious thought to it, the only setback is the closest AWD dyno is about two hours from me. I would hate to drive two hours one way, dyno, two hours back. Put on all mods, then repeat the process. But, I'm still thinking about doing it anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've given serious thought to it, the only setback is the closest AWD dyno is about two hours from me. I would hate to drive two hours one way, dyno, two hours back. Put on all mods, then repeat the process. But, I'm still thinking about doing it anyway.
[/b]
DOOOO ITTTT!!! We need to know... it's for the good of the community :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
DOOOO ITTTT!!! We need to know... it's for the good of the community :)
[/b]
+1 for me. I think you should do it for the betterment of humanity!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the reason there are no dynos are because the gains are not that good if they were cpe would be putting the dynos numbers out

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the reason there are no dynos are because the gains are not that good if they were cpe would be putting the dynos numbers out
[/b]
Well, you there might be some truth in what you say, but, I've YET to see a turbo car that did not get more than 20whp and 20wt by adding a 3 inch DP and 3 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You may want to try to work out a deal with CP-E, they may give you a discount on some of the parts for your efforts. These real numbers will help them to actually sell more parts. They don't seem to have the time to do this themselves. They keep using the baseline dyno from over a year ago for each part they release. Not very accurate info IMO.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
the reason there are no dynos are because the gains are not that good if they were cpe would be putting the dynos numbers out [/b]
They have dynos availible on their site for each part, so they dont have combo dynos withh multiple parts, that would mean so many combinations, why do they owe us that? Show me manufacturers who do dyno every part and combination of parts they sell for a car.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may want to try to work out a deal with CP-E, they may give you a discount on some of the parts for your efforts. These real numbers will help them to actually sell more parts. They don't seem to have the time to do this themselves. They keep using the baseline dyno from over a year ago for each part they release. Not very accurate info IMO.
[/b]
Well, Josh already looked out for me a bit. He gave me free shipping and $75 dollars off because I bought the DP, EXhaust and Intake all together, so thats like $200 in savings. Cant really ask for much more. But that was a good suggestion.

·
Registered
820 Posts
They have dynos availible on their site for each part, so they dont have combo dynos withh multiple parts, that would mean so many combinations, why do they owe us that? Show me manufacturers who do dyno every part and combination of parts they sell for a car.....
[/b]
well any "tuner" would want to show that their parts are a comprehensive "tuning" solution. Not just a bunch of bolt ons, that may or may not provide any real improvements when installed together. That's just me though, i can only control how I spend my own money.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am really interested in the downpipe as well but I am concerned about voiding the warranty.

How intrusive is a DP? I know a new turbo could be hard to argue against, but how about the DP?

So far I have the Magnaflow exhaust and a 3" tmic sitting wrapped in a box (cant wait!).

I wish I could go with the intake but the increased sound of the BOV is way to much for me... Dont want to hear a loud psssh or wsshhh or whatever every time I shift. I wish we had a way to quiet the BOV down and get an intake.

Sorry for the random thoughts.. Back to the post.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
well, if theyre going to sell a turboback exhaust, they should have a dyno for the turboback. combining the other mods like the cai and fmic shouldnt be their responsibility. if the consumer wants to see a dyno will all those mods on, then he should do it himself.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree, I was just saying that it would be in CP-e's best interest to throw the kid a bone (via discount or something) and "buy" his dyno results to post on the website, dyno time isn't free, it really isn't costing CP-E anything and is giving a little bit of motivation to some of the customers to get it done for them. Not trying to tell anyone how to run their business but when every single post on pretty much the only message board in the cars' scene says, "where are the dynos" "what are the gains" "where are the dynos" you'd think that the company would try really hard to, i dunno, get the dynos posted?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
BUt even if they get dynos and show good numbers people accuse tham of showing the worst stock run Vs. the best moded run. Ss when they give you what you want people still question methods and results. I have sold custom aftermarket parts, I have done testing on these parts. And people ALWAYS question the results, so i got to the point it was not worth the investment because I cannot change the dis-beleivers minds and and people intending to buy are going to regardless because they know me and my company and know we wouldent lie to them....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If you ask me.. it comes down to a few simple facts...

1) If the stock part sucks (for example: our intake sucks, our downpipe is terrible...) Then replacing them with much better parts can only be good...

2) The engine can only output so much power with the stock head, injectors, ECU programming... and such... so even if you bolt on 100000's of dollars in exhaust, intake, and such... you still have to get INSIDE the motor to improve performance... which no one has done yet...

3) Biggest factor to consider... You show me ANYONE who can pull consistant numbers with a speed6... and... well you won't.. cause no one can... Some are able to pull around 10-15 hp different which is normal for turbo cars between runs... But a LOT of people are seeing pulls of 220ish.. and the very next pull of 190's... HUGE difference... sucks... but its life...

The factor that I consider the most... if I spend 100's on a part... and I like the result... I'm generally happy... the Intake was a good for me.. the DP was good for me.. the BOV was good for me... my stereo cost about 2x as much as it seems like its worth.... but oh well...

Point? Enjoy the car... seems like people still haven't figured out that a limited production vehicle like the speed6 will never be like other tuner cars... EVO's and been around for SOOOOOO long... each new model and year is only slightly different... and modding stays strong...

Anyway... my last bit of bullshit to write.... CP-e is being quite lazy... considering they DO sell a turbo-back exhaust... yet have not posted number or run tests on the full TURBO-BACK setup... only each different part of it... Keep in mind, they are only a few guys (3 i think)... trying to keep up with all the big name brands out there....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm getting on the dyno early next month (late this month if I can squeeze it in)
I may do a before completely stock (Put factory intake back on) then I'll do an after with AEM CAI and CP-E Downpipe. Then I'll do another with the CP-E DP and CP-E Exhaust.

Worst comes to worst, I'll do a before (AEM CAI only) and an after with the DP then the Exhaust when I get it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
There should be one in the next couple of weeks, but it will also include the ETS tmic...and even a baseline dyno from a year ago to compare it to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts