Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, This is probably something really stupid, but I looked through the manual twice, and couldn't find anything.

I have a nice, new 6 that I bought about 3 weeks ago. It's got the Bose stereo, and manual air-conditioning. About 3 days ago the car started beeping every 2 minutes. It is the beep that comes out of the stereo/dash when you push one of the buttons. I shut everything off, and left the key in the ignition, and it still beeped. Then I turned the car off, threw the keys on my lap, and waited 2 minutes, and sure enough - it beeped!

Anyone have any idea what this is about?

Thanks!

SailFast

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Beeping every 2 minutes?

I haven't heard of anything like that at all. Is it beeping when you're driving the car or just when the stereo/car is off? This is something I would take into the dealer right away.

Also.. Please put your country info in! It would be really helpful.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Beeping every 2 minutes?'

I'm sorry - I'm in the USA.

It seems to be happening all the time, running or not, stereo on or not, a/c on or not, keys in the ignition or not, etc. I only waited through one cycle with the keys out. It seems to be almost to the second 2 minutes between beeps. It's not the same beep as when you leave the lights on or anything - as I said, it is the beep that the stereo makes when you push one of the buttons.

I guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow.

SailFast

·
Registered
286 Posts

Check your cell phone and make sure you don't have any voice mail.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Have you checked the car? Is all fluids at the right level? Is the gas cap tight? Does everything work (ABS, traction ect.)? Also check the manual if there are any error codes. Sounds like a "Hello Mr. Dealer" issue.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

If it's doing it every two minutes, then my guess is that each beep is your two minute warning to the next beep.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

On no!

You started the self destruct sequence!

:D

My suggestion: go back to the dealer and have them look at it.

·
Registered
628 Posts

I vote for the cell phone as well, The damn StarTac beep has been burned into my ears. I can pick that been out in the middle of a noisy room...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

thanx stretch...question is can you keep goin with it for every 2 minutes?

-yasir

·
Registered
628 Posts

beep

·
Registered
628 Posts

beep

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

I vote for the cell phone as well, The damn StarTac beep has been burned into my ears. I can pick that been out in the middle of a noisy room...[/b]
Yeah, I know it's so annoying but the good think is that it only does this when it doesnt have reception.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts