Mazda 6 Forums banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just removed my mani, unhooked the V band on the DP, the one turbo brace bolt that's in the turbo side and pulled it right up...all in a 4 hr process.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I just removed my mani, unhooked the V band on the DP, the one turbo brace bolt that's in the turbo side and pulled it right up...all in a 4 hr process.
That's what I should've done. I didn't want to touch the mani... I thought it would be worse..

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good idea about replacing the metal flex part of the oil return tube with hose. Next time I have to go in there I might do the same.

You know, I found removing the stock turbo was easier. Installing the new turbo was very horrible. I did it all by myself though - no help. I actually haven't finished yet. Had a few setbacks and had to order some parts, like a coolant banjo bolt (which didn't come back with the BNR) and the oil return gasket (which I lost in the engine bay abyss). I worked on it some last weekend and yesterday after work. The car will run next weekend for sure. This has been a great learning experience for me. I didn't have any before the speed6.

@TiGraySpeed6, @maddocx240, @JDW1
For the turbo-to-manifold connection, did you guys use studs or bolts? I decided to go with studs (which is what Mazda seems to be doing). The problem with studs there is that, if you need to remove the turbo again, you will have to remove those studs first, or the exhaust mani.
I just reused the stock studs cause the stock k04 was replaced by Mazda for the previous owner, so they weren't that old. And as for the oil return line gasket, check the box your turbo came in. There should be a little plastic bag with another gasket for the line and some bolt that I have no clue what its for. On another note, installed my autotechs today,so i will see how they fare tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I just reused the stock studs cause the stock k04 was replaced by Mazda for the previous owner, so they weren't that old. And as for the oil return line gasket, check the box your turbo came in. There should be a little plastic bag with another gasket for the line and some bolt that I have no clue what its for. On another note, installed my autotechs today,so i will see how they fare tonight.
Yeah that's the gasket I lost. I already bought a new one and installed yesterday.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Oh ok well that's sucks then lol. Where did you order the new gasket from, Mazda?
But I installed my auto techs and my fuel pressure is holding great. I don't know what the story is with the kmds not holding pressure but I'm happy I can continue tuning. This bnr is the perfect turbo for the ms6. It's like the k04 on steroids. I was doing a 3rd gear pull and was like at 7000 rpms and still feeling boost! I don't know what one of those gtx or 6262 turbos feel like, but if you want the best daily driving, high performing street turbo this is it. I can't wait till tuning is done.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Yeah, it doesn't suck does it... :thumbup:

241 - 249 of 249 Posts
About this Discussion
248 Replies
29 Participants
maddocx240
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing