Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
if you have a CAI, should you have any worries about driving through a torrential downpour on a wet highway for hours upon hours, for example if you are making a long road trip? wouldn't it be advantageous in this circumstance to have a hydro shield? or is splashing something that really isnt a worry, no matter the frequency or intensity as the above scenario might involve?

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you have a CAI, should you have any worries about driving through a torrential downpour on a wet highway for hours upon hours, for example if you are making a long road trip? wouldn't it be advantageous in this circumstance to have a hydro shield? or is splashing something that really isnt a worry, no matter the frequency or intensity as the above scenario might involve?
[/b]
I have had CAI's on 4 cars, and in WI you get it all, and I drove 6 hrs in my 350Z last summer in storms all the way, and when I stopped, the filter was just damp. But I will say I was worried that time. I even cut out the bottom of my plastic shield under my intake on the 6. Ran it in a storm last month, and again filter was no where near soaked :) So I wouldnt sweat it unless you get flash floods often.

·
Registered
335 Posts
actually Rt. 46 west near little ferry... be careful guys
[/b]
:irate:
'ALL' cars better avoid the Lodi/Hasbrouck Heights/Teterboro/Little Ferry areas today! The Rainman's comin' to town!
:excl:

61 - 64 of 64 Posts