Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I purchased a ebay BCP CAI the other week.

Was cheap considering im located in Australia.

Cheapest CAI I can purchased in Sydney for the Mazda 6 is the Injen one which would cost me $487 AUD.

Anyway the BCP cost me USD $40 + postage of $60 via UPS.

Here a picture of what I got.

• The intake itself is pretty good quality cant complain for $40
  • The couplers are made from rubber and are absolutely crap. So I jumped on eBay and got some silicone ones for $30 AUD.
  • As everyone has suggested these cheap CAI come with cheap filters so I replaced that to with 3A racing one

I'll be installing everything over the weekend and will post my review of the performance then.

In total all this cost me $180 AUD which is a saving of $307 AUD if I purchased the Injen from a local distributer.

Cheers,

Gaz

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like the exact setup as the Bomz Racing CAI. Same price as well. You should enjoy it. As usual with these ebay CAI, might want to consider replacing the air filter in the future and your good to go.

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE (Wolf 10 @ Feb 2 2010, 04:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634297
Looks like the exact setup as the Bomz Racing CAI. Same price as well. You should enjoy it. As usual with these ebay CAI, might want to consider replacing the air filter in the future and your good to go.[/b]

Should have tried another ebay CAI, as the knockoff I got at least came with the silicon connectors!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed the first section of the CAI. I'm very happy with the result. Love the induction sound and the throttle response is unbelievable. Didn't think it could make such a big difference.

Only disappointing thing about the intake is that the MAF sensor hole was not a perfect fit. It needed a bit of encouragement to get the MAF sensor in. But it finally fit flush onto the intake.

I think like jackerman i'll leave it in the SRI form for a while to make sure I dont get a CEL.

Cheers,

Gaz

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Yesterday I installed the second piece of the intake. To convert the SRI to CAI form.

Overall I did not feel a great deal of difference. Just a little less throttle response. No CEL at all.

After assessing the situation I have decided to go back to the SRI and remove the second piece.

Anyway as part of this little project I purchased the below heat shield intending to use it as a splash guard.

Should I use this in the SRI form? What are pro and cons ?

Thanks

Gaz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts