Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I was actually torn between the ST & ISC coils as i could have got either for ~$800 CDN all in. Rather glad i found the Mazdaspeed ones though.

I had read on other car forums about Swift spring upgrades on lower priced coils, and guys seemed to like them.
Yea. I called KW and talked to them a couple months ago and the guy mentioned they made the ST c/o in the same factory and everything the same as the KW v1 except the metal used was different, hence the KW lifetime and ST 5 yr warranty. I think its worth trying for $800. I dont ever plan on tracking the 6, ever. For any reason. If I wanted to track I would get a car I could track or borrow a 370z. The 6 is dd.

The only reason I heard about fortune autos was because my best friend has a 370z nismo and he told me those coils with swift springs were popular among z owners and he told me they made them for the 6.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Tomorrow I will contact local dealer about that. Probably I'll stay with KW :).
Sounds good. You should see if they can make you something that is actually designed for a speed6.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
With a bit of effort you can assemble better than you can purchase in a box...

Bilsteins converted to coilover, which were then custom valved specific to the drivers goals for autocross. By going this route he was also able to define spring rates.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
With a bit of effort you can assemble better than you can purchase in a box...

Bilsteins converted to coilover, which were then custom valved specific to the drivers goals for autocross. By going this route he was also able to define spring rates.

@TiGraySpeed6

Nice pictures. Do you have the link for the guy who did that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
You bet-

@CanyonRider; has done it here on M6C, and has details in his very epic build thread-
note that this link goes directly to the post on the conversion, but this entire thread is very worth reading! It's filled with this type of stuff!
http://forum.mazda6club.com/dyno-track/247399-prepping-dedicated-track-car-12.html#post3803873

@phate; has done it along with a full custom revalve from FatCat Motorsports, and has an outrageously detailed thread over on MSF
MS6 Suspension Data & DIY Bilstein Coilovers - Mazdaspeed Forums

·
Registered
126 Posts
Another thread revival, but I feel this is relevant to the subject at hand... are the H&R Street Performance Coils (part number 29278-6) height adjustable in the rear? I can't seem to find a definitive answer, only that they drop the rear a certain amount. Sonic Tuning is only 30 minutes from my house and they look to be my number 2 option after H&R.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts
About this Discussion
145 Replies
36 Participants
NoVaSpeed6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing