Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So making progresson the car, almost time to mount the amplifiers.

After raammat and a single layer of ensolite on the trunk today, I got the sub in and started to play with amplifier mounting. I mis-calculated just how much space the sub box was going to take and can't go with my original plan.

So here are some pictures of what I would like to do, but I am afraid I lack the fabrication skills to make it a reality.

Anybody out there with some fab skills that might be willing to give me a hand? Perhaps I can do something for you.

Everyday amp position. Would like center amp back to be visible (has the RF logo on it) Both left and right amps will be fixed permanently, but the center amp needs to be able to pivot down so the pass through can be used.

Amp in the down position for pass through use...

The amp is upside down because the bottom is where all the wires come in and out of the amp so when pivoting, there is minimal stress on the wires/cables.

Any ideas, experts, that might be able to help?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't done Fg before, but how about using MDF, measure back of seat and then make mdf back of amp mounts and then fg it?

(im just talking out of my ass)

well let me know if you need some help, I'm not sure if i'm free but you can give me a ring
510-206-3710
bobby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts