Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased your battery tray and I was wondering if an Optima battery would fit in it ok. Or is it specifically made for the Odyssey PC-680 battery? I have a high power stereo system so I want to make sure that it's suffcient. I've had Optima batteries before so I'm familiar with them but not Odyssey in terms of how it works with audio systems.

thanks,

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hello,

I just purchased your battery tray and I was wondering if an Optima battery would fit in it ok. Or is it specifically made for the Odyssey PC-680 battery? I have a high power stereo system so I want to make sure that it's suffcient. I've had Optima batteries before so I'm familiar with them but not Odyssey in terms of how it works with audio systems.

thanks,
[/b]

Unfortunately, the mount was designed to fit the Odyssey battery, so I don't think an Optima will fit. Sorry kwbdc...

Jordan

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, the mount was designed to fit the Odyssey battery, so I don't think an Optima will fit. Sorry kwbdc...
Jordan
[/b]
Ok, thanks. What is the model of the Odyssey again? The 650?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
It's the PC680MJ. It's made the same way as the Optima, so it probably has the same power density (amps per pound).

You'll want the battery with the metal jacket, designated MJ on the end of the model name. This is to protect the battery from engine bay heat.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Holy thread revival!!! This is a thread jack, put your hands in the..............oh who gives a SH-T?!?!?!?

Sooo, i'm in the weight reduction "market" as of late. And i was just wondering if anyone has the I also have a FULLY LOADED mazda 6s w/heated seats, heated mirrors, navigation, radar detector, etc.</span>

It just seems like it'd be using alot of "juice" everyday to last a significant duration.

Thanks

P.S. ANY info is better than NO info!

·
Registered
982 Posts
QUOTE (mazda junky 6s @ Sep 1 2008, 07:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1425223
Holy thread revival!!! This is a thread jack, put your hands in the..............oh who gives a SH-T?!?!?!?

Sooo, i'm in the weight reduction "market" as of late. And i was just wondering if anyone has the I also have a FULLY LOADED mazda 6s w/heated seats, heated mirrors, navigation, radar detector, etc.</span>

It just seems like it'd be using alot of "juice" everyday to last a significant duration.

Thanks

P.S. ANY info is better than NO info![/b]

Here you go, I will try to get a closer pic later. It is much lighter than the stock battery.

I do not recommend leaving your dome light on for a week with two voltage stabilizers running at the same time. They suck power from the battery to keep it stored for spikes. I didn't drive the car for about a week and it didn't want to start. :laugh: :laugh:

It has been fine since, as long as your alternator works you should be fine with a stereo. I dont recommend leaving all the systems running with the car off.

[attachment=38351:Battery.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
^^^ Thanks Rosem32.

How long have you had it? And do YOU think it's worth it?

Anyone else feel free to chime-in.

·
Registered
982 Posts
QUOTE (mazda junky 6s @ Sep 2 2008, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1425895
^^^ Thanks Rosem32.

How long have you had it? And do YOU think it's worth it?

Anyone else feel free to chime-in.[/b]

About a month, and I do think its worth it. Looks much better and its lighter.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had it on for a year and it works great. I run almost 800watts in my system w/o any light flickering or battery drain.

·
Registered
982 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts