Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ummm... while I was installing a new amp and speakers in my 2016 Mazda 6, my husband put my battery back in for me. Only, he put it in backward. One burst of pretty light and a puff of smoke later, I now have a car that won't start and a blown positive battery terminal fuse block. I've already bought the new block, but I'm having trouble getting it installed due to this one bolt. It'll be the one with the blue mark in the picture. I have to take that part off to use on the new fuse block. Anyone have any clue how to get this thing off without killing myself? I don't want to say what I've tried so far. Also, hi! I've been lurking a while and just joined. Nice to meet you :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
What does the back of that terminal block look like? Ratchet with socket in the bolt side and a vice grip on the other end didn’t work?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The back of the bolt has a square piece that almost seems like it's welded to the end of the bolt. It spins. I don't have anything here that can grab and hold that side as far as I know. I'd take a picture, but my husband is trying to manhandle it into submission right now. :D

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But yes, I have tried that and failed. Unless making it spin where it didn't move at all before is not considered a failure.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He drilled hole through the center of it 🤦‍♀️It worked, but now I need to find another nut and bolt to fit it. Oh well... Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
He drilled hole through the center of it 🤦‍♀️It worked, but now I need to find another nut and bolt to fit it. Oh well... Thank you for your help!
There must be a way to remove it or it is designed that way. I remember that bolt, I can't remove it no matter how I turn it. I concluded that it is not safe to remove it. What I did is, I cut through the metal so that I can insert this "comfort connect" from CTEK battery charger. I just don't know if it's the same bolt.

IMG_20180309_122924.jpg

Perhaps @DrFeelGood has an idea about this particular bolt.

·
Rally Racer
2,643 Posts
Thanks for the Mention @Archerfish
That bolt had a welded retention ring on the bottom. You can see the split in the ring. I believe it allows it to be fully loosened without falling off.
It might be more feasible to just replace the terminal D07A-67-TB1 and nut (separate part #).

This part is used on the CX-3, CX-5, 2,3,6 so if you had a salvage yard nearby...

A small carriage bolt may work in a pinch and may give you the underside clearance with a little modification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts