Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I've got a 2014 touring and only a few days ago when I park and hit the ignition switch my battery won't turn off. The radio stays on and I can work the cabin lights but the AC turns off. I've tried over and over again depressing the brakes and turning the car on and off and it won't work. I've found if I drove the car about 30 seconds and try again I have success. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've gone through most of the forum and haven't seen anything similar. Does anyone know a solution? This is driving me nuts. Thanks!
I have the same problem..and this morning i found that if is stays on like that all night it drains the battery grrr...once i get it recharged i am going to disconnect the battery like the one suggestion and see if it resets

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The park "detection" switch in the center console (where the shifter is) may be defective. There's a service bulletin on this. The stealer wants a fair bit of labor for what amounts to $50 or so part (which itself is overpriced by about a factor of 10, but what are you gonna do about that.....) and they MAY try to bang for an entire shifter assembly replacement (which is quite expensive.)

If in warranty it would be covered (as a drivetrain component) but if not look back through this thread for the part number and reasonably-compete description on how to get to it. I've had the console apart a couple of times on my car while doing my stereo upgrade -- I have an MTX but getting access to the shifter requires removing the same bits on both ATX and MTX models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is going to sound really stupid, but... have you tried just opening the driver's door when this happens? Some of the electical accessories (like the windows, for example) continue to work until you open the door.
It doesn't work. I have the same problem and tried that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I've got a 2014 touring and only a few days ago when I park and hit the ignition switch my battery won't turn off. The radio stays on and I can work the cabin lights but the AC turns off. I've tried over and over again depressing the brakes and turning the car on and off and it won't work. I've found if I drove the car about 30 seconds and try again I have success. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've gone through most of the forum and haven't seen anything similar. Does anyone know a solution? This is driving me nuts. Thanks!
Hi All
My battery died. Replaced the battery and now, the music system doesnt turn off , makes alarm noise and doesnt even lock.
Can someone help me?

·
Rally Racer
1,880 Posts
The way I fix it is to pull the shifter all the way to the right (never leaving 'Park') and then letting it pop back to the left. After that, I turn the car back on (no ignition - foot off brake) and then try to turn it off again... hit the "On" button twice, basically. This resolves the issue 100% of the time for me, though it sometimes takes repeating the steps once or twice more. I can also state that this happens every day on almost every drive. Rare to have it NOT happen, honestly.
If this doesn't work, there is always "up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-select-start"

·
Registered
652 Posts
If this doesn't work, there is always "up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-select-start"
I never thought you would give this kind of answer!

hahahahahahahahaha

This reminds me of Atari, is there a similar cheat? I was so young back then that of all the games I played on that platform, I couldn't remember the titles except for Pac-Man. Then came Nintendo...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
Yep mine too. Pretty sure it is the shifter, I have to wiggle it sometimes.multiple times before.it will turn off when I hit start button.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts