Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died in my 06 6s, I would like to get an Optima red top. I called a few places and they told me they don't have one listed for my car. Do they not make one for our 3.0L V6?

·
Registered
801 Posts
My battery died in my 06 6s, I would like to get an Optima red top. I called a few places and they told me they don't have one listed for my car. Do they not make one for our 3.0L V6?
I used 34R red top optima on my 2004 V6. The hieght is taller than the stock battery but I managed to close the hood and it barely touches the hood's firewall.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Forget optima, get Oddosey!! Not the little dinky one that RPM store has. I put in the PC-1200 and with the CAP I have my headlights no longer dim. Not to mention that the height is not an issue like it is with the optimas!

·
Banned
538 Posts
Optima Red or Yellow

I have a 2006 v6. The yellow top fits nicely with stock bracket. I think the red may be too tall but worth a try (may have to modify bracket). I have a second smaller battery in back due to 600 watt alpine amp. I could have got a bigger amp but I don't want to kill my alternator every 6 months and it fit nice. I also have a cooling fan on it and use the cover that came with the car leaving small area at top open with bottom open as well. :confused:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts