Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post here. So far I’m enjoying my Mazda 6 ‘10. Unfortunately the battery has drained on me two times. When I got the car the battery was new and that was a week ago. One thing I’ve noticed is that the door ajar indicator comes up on the dashboard even tho I’ve shut all the doors and even the trunk. Also that little red light that around the ignition stays on after I shut the car off. My guessing is that light is draining the battery after all night on. Any way I can fix that?
I was reading here in the forums a similar issue but wasn’t for my particular model so I’m not sure how to remove the door sensors to check them out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Is the dome light staying on too? If you bought it a week ago, id go back to the seller and have them correct it if they didnt disclose the issue. As far as the other part, they are part of the striker assembly in the door.
    Honestly I didn’t check the dome light my neighbour is charging the battery so I’ll check once it’s done. So the door would have to be taken apart right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe so, since ive never done it, to access it.
So the battery was finally charged and I tested the dome light and indeed it stays on after all doors are shut. The drivers door feels a bit different like something was loose inside. Could it be a sensor maybe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts