Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Mazda 6 remote has been playing up. Working most times and sometimes not. I assumed it may be the battery.

I pulled out the battery (Panasonic CR1620 3V) and replaced it with an Engerizer CR1620 3V battery. With the new battery, the remote would not work at all. I then tried another new Engerizer CR1620 3V battery, again the remote did not work.

I put in the orignial Battery (Panasonic CR1620 3V) and the remote works.

Is it a problem with the batteries? I measured the voltage on the new batteries and they are not reading low (registering over 3 V). I don't believe I need to reprogramme the remote since it works with the old battery?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Strange...i replaced my battery recently with a cheapo brand and it works fine. I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't work unless there is a clear film over the new batteries that wasn't pulled off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the volatge of the new batteries and they are approx 3.3V wereas the old battery is registering 3.02V. I'm guessing that the old battery volts may drop slightly when i press the buttons and that is why the remote occasionly doesn't work.

Could it be that with the higher voltage of the new batteries that the remote needs to be reprogrammed???

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've actually been having a similar problem with my remote. About 9 months ago it started not responding sometimes. I replaced the battery and now I have to be basically right next to the car for it to work most of the time. Tried replacing the battery again and same thing. Could the remote just be going bad or is there something I'm not aware of? Maybe the receiver having problems?

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you have trouble sourcing a CR1620 battery, use a CR1616, it works fine.

The first 2 digits indicate the battery diameter, i.e. 16mm and the second to digits indicate the thickness of he battery, in tenths of a mm. 20 = 2.0mm, 16 = 1.6mm.

So the difference between a CR 1620 and a CR 1616 is 0.4mm in the thickness or 0.015748 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts