Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the situation...

Bought two pair of Pioneer 6871. Front set obviously sounds much better than stock, but didn't find out about insufficient power to rears til it was too late.... I junked the stocks.. lol

Now, what's best solution OTHER than getting a new HU?

Find replacement stock speakers?
Get lower end amp just to power rears?
Keep as is and curse the thing every time?

As far as getting amp, I'm not familiar with what this entails other than reading some posts on here and elsewhere. Is it a difficult project for a noob? Any links specific for the 6 as to what I'd need to do? I've just read that you should use the signal off the fronts, run thru amp to rears....

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
the non-bose rears only get a midrange signal. changing the speakers wont help you. the easiest thing to do is to split the front leads to get full range, but itll be grossly underpowered and give you only 2 channels. u can get a crossover i.e. audio control LC6 and split the front signals into an amp.

·
Registered
418 Posts
get a nice 2 channel amp that gives out about 200 x2 at 2 ohms and get 4 ohm replacement speakers, use the front signal from the hu for the amp and bridge the left side into 1 channel and the right side to the other channel....

·
Registered
457 Posts
get a nice 2 channel amp that gives out about 200 x2 at 2 ohms and get 4 ohm replacement speakers, use the front signal from the hu for the amp and bridge the left side into 1 channel and the right side to the other channel....
[/b]
I'm in the same boat, and as I've never done more audio-wise than replacing a headunit + matching wires and replacing the speakers, how difficult is what you mention?

It looks to me like you are saying to split the wires for L/R front audio, running them into separate channels the amp, then run new wires to the rear speakers from those channels. Including running power to the amp, is that right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts