Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im purchasing a mazda 6s this week, and i know im going to upgrade it with a body kit in the future, so is it a good idea to get the base model w/out the factory body kit (or do they have different screws/sections?)

thanks, jon

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Id go with a base model if you DEFINATELY plan on upgrading since there are a few more options alteast in terms of a lip. Fully body kits will fit both the same though. Plus the "appereance" package looks pretty hot imo and its pretty cheap. Its only for the non sport. The non sport isnt a kit, its just a completely different bumper set and sideskirts. I guess the side skirts could be considered a kit but thats about it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think i might go w/ the factory body kit on the car...cuz i like the rear bumper :) ....and i think all i'll do in the future is upgrade the front bumper.

thanks

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
im purchasing a mazda 6s this week, and i know im going to upgrade it with a body kit in the future, so is it a good idea to get the base model w/out the factory body kit (or do they have different screws/sections?)

thanks, jon
[/b]
Get the sport kit....then you can sell the sport kit after you upgrade to a new kit to someone on here that has teh base and wants the sports kit.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
My stock lip kit turned a lot of heads.

People don't believe you when you tell them that came wiht the car from Mazda.

I still have stock side and rears, with a Mazdaspeed front.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i would go with the sport also, wait.....i did! if your going to mod it and you want a full front bumper instead of a lip, the side skirts and rear bumper go good with aftermarket bumper. especially if your getting 06 cuz there are no lips for 06 and wont be for a while. :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I got an 03 base and put the mazda front air dam on... its great... except its now falling off... I guess after 3 years thats not tooooo bad.. but now I gotta find some kind of strong doublesided glue tape or something..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
mazdaspeed210
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing