Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Arg. Having a hard time finding a place with this in-stock and that can ship to california. Apparently JL doesn't let dealers ship out of state?

edit: Woooo I found one local. Well if you can call driving 45 miles local. :p I'll let you guys know the results after I get it installed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tested this out using the aux input and it works beautifully. Can't wait to hear it after I get it fully installed and EQ'd. Sweet product if you want to keep your stock HU. :)

update: Everything is back together and EQ'd, and I gotta say it sounds a LOT better. The rear channel sounded horrible before and would clip if turned up too high. Now I can crank up the whole system as loud as I can stand with no distortion at all. The stock Bose speakers aren't *too* bad when you put a good signal to them. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Does it fix the EQ at all the volume levels? For some reason I was under the impression that you had to leave the OEM volume at something like at 25 and then adjust the master volume on the cleansweep to keep the EQ flat, but now that I look back at it, that would be stupid.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sounds flat to me when adjusting the HU's volume. The manual does say to leave the HU volume alone and use the Cleansweep volume instead, but... meh. Using either seems to work well.

ps- I got mine from a local shop for 320. It can be had online for under 300.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
i was actually discussing this product with a JL rep (tom craig) that was visiting a local car audio shop, and am pretty sure ill be installing one of these on a bose set up in ther upcoming months. ill post my oppinions as soon as its installed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
well i picked it up today, got it for 320.19 after tax. probably will be installing it this upcoming weekend.
[/b]
I'm waiting Pat ? :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Anyone test this on a Bose system yet?[/b]

I believe the 03 system tested was a Bose and not a "Base" system that is in the heading.

I am wondering if the 03' is the same as the 06'.

Two things I was thinking of doing in my system.
1. add a linout converter to run my 12" JL sub for the truck and just disconnect the weak ass Bose sub.
2. Either switch out the rear speakers or clean sweep the system?????

Any input of the stock size of the 06 MS6???

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you have a Bose system, you don't need a Cleansweep or any other sort of LOC device.

I have verified this with Manville and some other people at JL. You can take the output of the deck and convert it straight to RCA cables. You just have to splice the correct wires (see wiring diagram available in these forums)

This is what I did in my current system, works just fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe the 03 system tested was a Bose and not a "Base" system that is in the heading.
I am wondering if the 03' is the same as the 06'.

Two things I was thinking of doing in my system.
1. add a linout converter to run my 12" JL sub for the truck and just disconnect the weak ass Bose sub.
2. Either switch out the rear speakers or clean sweep the system?????

Any input of the stock size of the 06 MS6???[/b]
Crutchfield lists the Front Door speakers at 6-3/4" and the Rear Door speakers at 5-1/4"

In the orignal post Manville specifically states the system he tested was a base radio, not the Bose.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
OK, Don't mean to sound like a dumb ass or anything but what exactly is a LOC, and how does this get hooked up?? I read through all the posts and followed several links but didn't find anything that matched the initials 'LOC'.

Since msmiths original post describes the 'base' system (NOT 'Bose') I think I now understand why my rear speakers sound like crap no matter what I put there. The rear speaker signal has terrible Freq. response!! It sounds like I could use a LOC to drive the rear speakers from the front channel, but I'm not sure about this LOC that I will need to make this work out correctly. (Impedence correction and all that...)

EDIT: Nevermind, found line output converters and a nice 100W amp that will allow the rears to be driven separately but still use the full-range signal from the front. (Thanks to JL Audio!)

·
Registered
317 Posts
sorry for nube question, but what's a clean sweep? Does it make the sound better? What procedure / equipment is required?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
The JL cleansweep is not needed for the Bose system because the bose HU outputs a line level signal with a flat frequency response. Equalization is done within the stock bose amp. If you want control over your levels, the RF 3sixty signal processor line will help you out if you don't plan on upgrading the amp.

sorry for nube question, but what's a clean sweep? Does it make the sound better? What procedure / equipment is required?[/b]
The JL cleansweep is a digital signal processor or line output converter which flattens the frequency response before heading into an amp. If you have the non-bose system, it will make it sound cleaner. It is recommend that you use this with your non-bose stereo if you are planning on upgrading to an aftermarket amp. Or you can just go with a Metra kit and swap the HU.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
soo, will this accomplish the same thing as a loc, or is it even a loc? Im debating to get this, or a loc they make thats plug in play for the mazda 6. I dont want to sacrifice in quality though!! Suggestions? Also, would I need a loc if I bought this? Or is this technically one? Obviously my expertise isnt in electronics. its either JL cleansweep or this: PAC AOEM-MAZ2 MAZDA ADD AN AMPLIFIER LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER (PLUG AND PLAY) :: WIRE HARNESS (MAZDA) :: *WIRE HARNESSES :: Dash Kits Harnesses :: AUTOTOYS

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
just get a LOC. the KL cleansweep would only be useful if your gonna take advantage of all it does. which in all truth, very few here would do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh yeah one more question. Correct me if Im wrong, but im under the impression that you can also connect an aux to the cleansweep such as an ipod/mp3 player. If so, would I be able to retain controls from the steering wheel. Because my plans at some point are as followed: A subwoofer with a mono amp. A 4 channel amp for my aftermarket speakers, and some type of device to play my ipod. Obviously I need a loc for all that. But should I go the loc and access ipod player route, or just get the cleansweep being that I would be using that function on it? Also, someone said it improves your fm signals too. Is that even true?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts