Mazda 6 Forums banner

Bang for your bucks!

4K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  RainmanMSP/6 
and a 6 gets you what... a larger, heavier car with a wider turning circle, less cargo room, and less mpg...

if i was concerned about awd, i'd go with a real mechanical awd -- not an electronic FWD biased awd.

But even the Haldex AWD is netting better launches than the pure FWD MS3/MPS3. It will also prove to be better still in wet and snowy conditions.[/b]
winter tires + traction control + esp = modern technology miracle, you can do stuff with this you cant possibly do with awd alone :D

awd is nice but the MPS6's implementation isn't compelling enough to tip the scales in the favor of the large, heavy sedan.

More backseat room and cargo space... how much do you have in the MS3/MPS3 if you leave the cover on? Anything taller will start to impede your rear view.[/b]
at least with the MPS3 you have a choice. with the MPS6 you have none. good luck getting a table into the MPS6. :D

i liked the engine in the MPS6, and always felt that the car needed to lose about 400lbs. then mazda went ahead and made the MPS3. heh. :D

extra points for not having to own two cars. versatility is excellent. :D

you do know of course that mazda engineers specifically designed the MSP3 to minimize torque steer.

and if you're really worried about safety, the STI is a better choice. it's a rally car -- built phenomenally strong and safe.

but if you really do carry your 20 month old daughter around with you, you shouldn't be driving in a way that elicits any torque steer in any car anyway.

No...I have been sidelined well and truly...

i had my left shoulder manipulated under gas on Monday (frozen shoulder) and the Dr BROKE my arm! :love: ...won't be driving for 6-8 weeks. :drive: Litigation???
[/b]
yea someone screwed up trying to help you... instead of punishing them just make sure they cover all the costs themselves... manipulation as well as the cast... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.