Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the bulbs in my side markers the other day and I broke one of the lenses, so I need new ones. But I can't find the Anzo clear ones anywhere since they've been recalled. Anyway, I remembered hearing once that you can put the stock orange ones in the oven for like 15 minutes on high and it will make them clear. Is this true??? I don't remember where the hell I heard this, and I don't see how this could possibly work but who knows...

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It doesn't just make them clear magically. This works on some cars because the amber is actually a film attached to the clear plastic (not sure if this is the case with the 6), and baking it allows you to detach the amber film from the plastic.

I've heard about people doing that to get the amber strip off of the headlights on the last gen Accords, because I hated that amber strip on my Accord. I never tried it so I don't know if it really works. And I've thought about trying it on the side markers on the 6, but I never did.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I believe the lens itself is orange. No film. I chipped one when I was installing my clears

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
doesn't work. i tried it when attempting to open them up. all it did was warp the plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts