Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know if this belongs here on in the brake and suspension threads, but I was having a tire taken off and as the bolts were being loosened...the last one snapped in the wheel....as incredible as a 1-inch steel bolt (don't correct me if thats wrong, I need answers, not trivia freaks) simply snapping like that may be, I believe it was because the last place I took the car to bolted up the tires just WAY too hard...thing is, now I'm going to have to take the car to have the bolt taken out, which is probably going to have be to cut out now and I was wondering if, in the unlikely event, anyone had had this problem and could give me an idea of what something like this would cost...thanks alot.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My post isn't worth much in knowledge terms, but it will cost you a pretty penny.

You have my condolences and good luck man.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
don't know if this belongs here on in the brake and suspension threads, but I was having a tire taken off and as the bolts were being loosened...the last one snapped in the wheel....as incredible as a 1-inch steel bolt (don't correct me if thats wrong, I need answers, not trivia freaks) simply snapping like that may be, I believe it was because the last place I took the car to bolted up the tires just WAY too hard...thing is, now I'm going to have to take the car to have the bolt taken out, which is probably going to have be to cut out now and I was wondering if, in the unlikely event, anyone had had this problem and could give me an idea of what something like this would cost...thanks alot.
[/b]
One data point. Twenty years ago, I had the same thing happen on our Saab 900. The bolt replacement at the shop I took mmy car to at the time cost less than the same shop charged for the periodic oil change/check of fluids/filters/pads that I had them do every 3,000 miles. (But that shop was -- compared to a Jiffy Lube standard -- a pricey place for an oil change. :D )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts