Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So call it my luck. I'm out friday night @ Rev in Waterloo (clubbing) and I'm with two gorgeous friends of mine who were fully hammered. Anyways 3 am hits, gotta drive these gurls to their friends place where we were all crashing that night. One of them asks me conningly "How much do u love me (as friends)?" Can we get McD's...so I'm conned into waiting 35 minutes thru drive-thru for McD's (which she never ended up eating that night anyways cuz she was PASSED OUT! Anyways got the food, leave and on the phone with her friend getting directions, as I finish talking to her, I press end on the phone, look up again...and there's WHITE STRIPS WALKING in front of my car! WAM!!! Now my car smells like skunk for the whole night...lucky enough by morning, the stench was gone (thank god!).

This isn't even the worse part, saturday did some more partying and sunday comes along, everyone probably knows how windy it was, well me visiting the rents means I gotta park outside, and so I did to the far side of the driveway closets to the neighbours house. Anyways it's 10am..went outside to the car, everythings fine etc...12o-clock hits and gotta run an erran. Go outside, what do I see??? My neighbours basketball net tipped over backwards and resting on my car :( So this car being 3 months only, has now $1500 because the basket ball net bent the steel structure of the car just above the doors and dented the roof a bit too...

What luck eh?

Luckily enough the neighbours soo far have said they'd be paying for it. It's just bad because the base of that net was soo heavy, me and dad couldn't even lift it. I'm not sure how the wind blew it over.

I wish I had taken pics to post, I took some of the damage, will see if I can get those posted tomorrow. Anyways, that's my story, Happy Halloween Everyone!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Duuuuude. That sucks about the skunks. I have had a running battle with squirrles trying to nest in my garage...little bastards...I live about 2 minutes from the Rev, and I've been surprised at the amount of urban wildlife around...

As for the damage - I can't say that I know any good body shops in K-W yet. I haven't lived here long enough yet to need one (knocks on wood). I'll ask around...

BTW - I'll be at the UoG on Friday. An old classmate of mine is a guest-lecturer...not sure where (somewhere in the Eng. building) or what he's talking about, but I do know that we are getting plastered at The Keg afterwards....stop by!...and bring your "gorgeous friends" :p j/k!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Dude that sucks. Hopefully it can be repaired without a whole lot of noticeable touch ups.

i read the white stripes and thought...Oh shit somebodys reflector jacket!

·
Registered
752 Posts
i thought for a second that you were talking about the white stripes (the band). it sucks but at least you know who is responsible. down here people hit your car and take off.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
make it a convertible :)

haha jks

wow that sucks... think of it this way, you dont have to drive the car while it stinks!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I feel your pain...I have a minor damage on my hatch waiting to be repaired. It's like suddenly got an extra expense which really kick my ass as I don't have a job right now. :(

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
wow.... that must've been sucks.... but hey, look at the bright side, the stench didnt stay on!!

but since you dont have to pay for the damage, it's all good man.. bettter than sniffing those stench everytime you walk towards ur car !! LOL...

·
Registered
64 Posts
That really sucks to have that happen to a car like the 6. Even worse when it happens to a new 6! I hope they can repair it like new. Okay better than new.

So you mentioned clubbing in Waterloo...I'm going to be in downtown Toronto (flying, not driving) in a couple of weeks. What are the good clubs to go to? I'm 42 but I like a bit of hip-hop and dance. Last time I went to Crocodile Rock but got a bit of the runaround. I kinda liked going to Philthy McNasty's on King for a game...watched the Super Bowl there this year...but that ain't clubbing. Can you give me any suggestions?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That really sucks to have that happen to a car like the 6. Even worse when it happens to a new 6! I hope they can repair it like new. Okay better than new.

So you mentioned clubbing in Waterloo...I'm going to be in downtown Toronto (flying, not driving) in a couple of weeks. What are the good clubs to go to? I'm 42 but I like a bit of hip-hop and dance. Last time I went to Crocodile Rock but got a bit of the runaround. I kinda liked going to Philthy McNasty's on King for a game...watched the Super Bowl there this year...but that ain't clubbing. Can you give me any suggestions?
[/b]
Don't get me wrong here but being 42? umm I don't know I think all the clubs like Insides and Afterlife etc wouldn't be the right seen for u. I think it's more the BeirMarket (located right behind Hummingbird Centre, it's got a really mix crowd) but it's definately not umm Dance...maybe a bit of hip hop and Schmooze. That's also a 25 plus club...I've snuck in once...Alot of people do go there and it's really busy..cheap..10 bucks cover and 2.50 mixed drinks. Again if your looking for dance, I'm not sure what clubs good for that..hip hop and R&B ...Insides is the place and afterlife is pretty good too...I usually hit insides and have the time of my life but I will warn you, I think the age group you'll find there is like 19-26 maybe tops ...das it. Sorry I haven't hit anymore clubs in toronto since I live up in guelph most of the time.

BTW - I'll be at the UoG on Friday. An old classmate of mine is a guest-lecturer...not sure where (somewhere in the Eng. building) or what he's talking about, but I do know that we are getting plastered at The Keg afterwards....stop by!...and bring your "gorgeous friends" :p j/k!
[/b]
I wish I could ...we'll have to make seperate plans...I have my brother's commencement on friday and I have to pick him up at 2:30 from wloo and then head to Toronto. If anything PM me your number and what I'll do is txt u the next time I'm up in Wloo...maybe we'll have a small meet of 2 cars and drive around seeing if we can stalk some more :D :drive: :nana:

·
Registered
682 Posts
BAH! Age means nothing - it's all in your head, right ViceMagnet? :p

Can't say that I've hit downtown T.O in...dear GAWD...the last 5 years or so.

Anyone been to The Docks lately? That was a pretty jumpin' place in years past...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
You want to talk about BAD LUCK. I was just diagnosed with a Pilonidal Cyst.

http://www.pilonidal.org/

A quote from the FAQ section:

"Several women have posted that the pain of an acutely infected Pilonidal Cyst is worse than childbirth. So, guys, now you know!"

I'm in so much pain I can barely type this.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yeesh....reading that makes me squirm just thinking about it. I once had an infection like that on the front of my ankle, and had to have it surgically removed.....for the same reason of the hair follcile....and as much as it hurt....AND IT DID....i can't imagine that same pain in an area as tender and sensitive as that...

I could say I feel your pain....but i think i've only ever come 1/3 - 1/2 close to that...I'll spare the details but the infection went from an anooying boil i couldn't get rid of to a full blow absess about 1 inch in diameter, and about 1/2" in height.....ironically right where the tongue of the shoe rbs on it with every step...or where the sock bunches to irritate it even more...

what i will say is this...if you can get the surgery done...do it ASAP. you deal with the throbbing for another week...but after its healed its gone for good...no more re-occurences

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
:barf: :TTIWWP: :lol:
[/b]
WHAT???? you wanna pic of paul's ass?!?!?! LOL.. u sick man !! ahauhauha :beer:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Hey guys I went to the hospital last night to get this thing removed. The pain was so bad T3's were helping at all.

I had to wait a total of 5.5 hours before seeing the doctor. The proceedure took about 1/2 hour. I'm not to be out of work for the next 10 days, and I have to have a home nurse come and change my dressing everyday.

Thanks for all the support guys.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Home nurse ;) ... er, I mean happy to know you had it removed. Hope your life will be back to normal after 10 days.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey guys I went to the hospital last night to get this thing removed. The pain was so bad T3's were helping at all.

I had to wait a total of 5.5 hours before seeing the doctor. The proceedure took about 1/2 hour. I'm not to be out of work for the next 10 days, and I have to have a home nurse come and change my dressing everyday.

Thanks for all the support guys.
[/b]
home nurse eh ?? **cough** slutty nurse **cough**

1 - 20 of 34 Posts