Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm reversing my car or even pulling into my parking spot slowly I hear this bad squeeking noise from my tires. I don't think it is the brakes because the noise is a lot louder than the squeeking i used get some times when coming to a stop at a light not to mention my foot isn't on the brakes at all when I hear this noise its only on the gas and some times coming off the clutch when i'm reversing slowly

I want to get this fixed asap and before it gets too cold can anyone help me ?

thanks

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I had this too, coming from the front passenger side tire when I backed up and turned the wheel. It was a missing brake shim, according to the dealer that I took it to for the issue.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
For me it was covered by warranty, but I'm sure it's cheap. Its' just a little piece of metal in between the pads and the calipers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You might just need to turn your rotors. It can also be caused from brake glaze. I have that happen every few months cuz of the way I drive. It's not expensive for either case though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same thing going on with mine, which eventually turned into a constant squeal even when going forward. I took it to the dealer, and they said they replaced some defective brake clips that they had found to be a problem. Apparently they were replaced with an "updated version" of the part. No more squealies though, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
my car was just at the dealer this week for broken brake clips. i only noticed the squeaking when reversing with the wheel cut all the way left or right. he quoted me a price that was over $100, but in the end was able to hook it up under warranty.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
mine started doing that lately as well when in reverse ... will mention it to my dealer when I go in for my free alignment (under warranty of course - 1st year adjustments heheh !) for my MS springs (they won't notice ;)) + I got an interior leak on the A-Pillar apparently coming from , they say , the moon-roof flood-holes that are in the corners ; thinking they might have been clogged by dirt .

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
You might just need to turn your rotors. It can also be caused from brake glaze. I have that happen every few months cuz of the way I drive. It's not expensive for either case though. [/b]
those suggestions would only apply if the problem were a pulsing pedal or squal when the brakes are applied.

·
Registered
106 Posts
too2buff: Did you get your problem resolved? My 2003 6i just started having the same problem where I get a squeaky noise coming from the front wheels only when I'm in reverse and turning the wheels at a sharper angle. Of course, the car just turned over at 50k miles about 800 miles ago so I don't have the warranty anymore...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the same thing going on with mine, which eventually turned into a constant squeal even when going forward. I took it to the dealer, and they said they replaced some defective brake clips that they had found to be a problem. Apparently they were replaced with an "updated version" of the part. No more squealies though, so I'm happy.[/b]
Same thing for me when I had my '05. IIRC there was a TSB for the brake clips for 02-04 or something like that. I asked the guy if it still applied, he just kinda shruged and said he'd look at it. Said it was still the problem, and replaced the clips. No problems after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts