Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Today we got the MP3 Module - but all i can say: It don´t work.

We have tryed it on a system with and without BOSE and different MP3 CD´s but it seem that the Module is designed to work only with the new MAZDA2/MAZDA3.

Bad news for the morning....

Som Informations:

The Module is Produced from Pioneer and is labled as:

Pioneer
CDS-4027ZM
MP3-CD-Player
GJ6B79AGXA

If i have any better news - i will post it here in this Forum

Now i must think about what i say to my customers who are waiting for the Module...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: BAD NEWS - MP3 Module don´t work with Mazda6...

I am hoping this is only true for your European Market...

But it does kill me that if I want the mp3 module eventually over here in the States, I will have to lose my 6-disc in dash. If it were an option, I would have passed on it, and just taken the Bose speakers...

Maybe it will be back to Cassette Adapters for me with an external MP3 Player...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

No - i just ha e-Mail contact with the Technical Manager for the Audio-SYSTEM there is currently no Modul avaylible for the M6.

The Guy´s in Japan plan to relaise a Mp3 module for the M6 but he isn´t able to tell me a Date when it will be finished.

·
Registered
657 Posts

The fact that it's made by Pioneer worries me, if it eventually IS compatible with the 6. Pioneer's MP3 players are some of the slowest, glitchiest (is that a word?) players out of all the major brands. Ah well, what are you going to do?

·
Registered
526 Posts

Perhaps the reason it isn't available yet is because they're trying to refine Panasonic's approach for OEM use. OEM stuff usually isn't top-drawer, but the one thing it usually is is stone-reliable.

I wish the MP3 player didn't replace the 6 disc, but complimented it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

@Moderator:

What i do... - that´s a good question ....

some of my customers like to have a MP3 solution in ther M6.. i have ordered some sample unit´s of the DMP3 from Dension and then we will see how we can integrate it into the M6.....

I will poste some pictures of a Installation as soon as possible.

·
Registered
305 Posts

The part number you listed in the other thread wasn't the same as what Mazda lists, though, for the Mazda 6.

The two part numbers listed in the USA Mazda 6 accessories catalog are: - MP3 Player/Panel - GJ6B-79-AGXB / GJ6B-79-BGXF

Now, the differences may just be regional. But Mazda *does* show the MP3 player as a Mazda 6 accessory in their USA accessories catalog.

And this was Mazda USA's response to my request for info on when the MP3 player would be available:

I've heard back from our Product Department. They have advised the MP3 player can be installed by your local Mazda dealership. They also advised the MP3 player should be available sometime in March.[/b]
Come to think of it, I'd guess the part numbers would be different, though. I remember when I was in Germany last year that your radios are rather different in capability (showing station names, etc.) and features (some woman constantly interrupting my CD music to give traffic alerts in German!).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah - you are right - whe have a totaly different AuioSystem like you in USA and Canada - some years ago we have imported many MX-5 (Miata) from Canada and there i saw the Canadian AUdio-System :) - nice - realy nice......

i got the Parts-Number i have posted from MMD Europe but i´m sure the guy realy don´t know what he say......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts