Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed backup parking sensors on there 6. Does anyone know what is a good brand? It would be nice to get 8 sensors, 4 for front and 4 for back. I see a few different ones on eBay for a good price. Anyone know how much it would cost to get them installed? I would do it myself, but I wouldn't want to drill my bumper myself. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Back up sensors come in two types. The type that you drill your bumpers and install the sensors and the type that does not require drilling, This type uses RF technology and has a strip of foil as a sensor. The foil (antenna) is installed on the inside of the bumper.
I have the stock mazda sensors on my rear bumper (If I knew about the no drill type I would have gotten those) and I’m very satisfied with the operation and usefulness they provide

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i had them on my last car and them come in handy every once and awhile

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I use my mirrors! After driving a triple-axle tractor with a 45ft. trailer thru city streets and narrow alleys, it would be a shame if I couldn't handle a family car. :)

As far as sensors, I think they are handy for shorter drivers that have a hard time seeing over the decklid. Also helps prevent a small child from getting run over.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My car is fully loaded, it has everything except the Nav system, which I am not even sure if it is offered. So if I dont have rear sensors, and I paid for it, I am going to be one pissed mutha fucker. That or maybe I have never gotten to close to anything for them to go off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thoroughly looked at all the options on the 05 M6 before I bought it and I did not see rear sensors as an option.

They did not offer the NAV till 06 which I could not believe! No biggie though. Going to put in the Pioneer AVIC-N3 with rear view camera eventually.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't understand why so many people ridicule these sensors. I have to parallel park all the time and I think that they would be great. Most the parking spots around here are tight. I know the dimensions of my car, but I can't always tell where the hoodline of the car behind me starts. I don't like it when someone nudges my car so I don't want to do that to anyone else's either.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't understand why so many people ridicule these sensors. I have to parallel park all the time and I think that they would be great. Most the parking spots around here are tight. I know the dimensions of my car, but I can't always tell where the hoodline of the car behind me starts. I don't like it when someone nudges my car so I don't want to do that to anyone else's either.
[/b]
As you pull up to position yourself to parallel park, use a point of reference on the sidewalk, tree, sign, building to determine how much room you have. If the spot is THAT tight, I'd park elsewhere and walk.

Like I said before, parking sensors have their needs for some^^^^^^.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If there is room, i can park it, but i still stay away from tight spots because chances are, the guys in front or behind will bump my car trying to get out.

I too use mirrors for curbrash protection. Anytime i park, i just flip to the right side and lower it untill i see my rear wheel and curb clearly.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I guess parking in other states is better than in Manhattan. You're lucky if you find something thats in a 5 block radius of your destination. Tight or not its take it or drive around for another 20 minutes hoping if someone leaves, one of the other 50 people looking for spaces doesn't beat you. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
pweter
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing