Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother owns an 04' Mazdaspeed MX-5 (Miata) which also uses a "challenged" ECU that throws entirely too much fuel into the combustion chamber. The car likes to backfire quite a bit, even when stock. Does the stock Mazdaspeed 6 do this a lot? I used to own a WRX with an upgraded turbo, I believe the sounds of a "raw" car adds to to the excitement. This isn't really something that makes me or breaks me when buying a car, but I'm just interested. I currently own and S2000 and am trying to snag a MS6 for $22-23k when all is said and done.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just put on the ATP turbo kit with a catless downpipe and the magnaflow cat-back, and it backfires quite a bit. During hard shifting or when I am in the lower revs while not on the gas I get a lot of pops, which I kinda like :).

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
My stock 6s did that when I did a custom single cat-back with a next to nothing muffler. When I let off the gas under 2000 rpm you could hear popping.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yeah my ms6 pops at low rpm not on gas, or pretty much in any gear if im full throttle when i shift. i get an amazing pop pop pop. it sounds awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts