Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this evening i had four people in my car. 2 in back and 2 in front. and when i would turn a corner or go over a dip in the road the left rear tire would rub on the fender. there is actually rubber scrapings on the fender. the load i was carrying was not unusualy heavy!
anyone experienced this? i have stock 17's on the car .

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: back tire rubbing? suspension problem?

No problems here, and I've loaded five adults into the car and flicked it through a turn pretty hard (trying to beat a traffic light). Looking at the wheel wells, I'd say it'd be impossible for them to rub... is the liner coming loose inside your wheel well?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

no, the wheel wells or liners are not loose. figure this one?

·
Registered
656 Posts

I've had my 6 loaded up with 4 200+ pound males and had no problems what so ever. I'd go and have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
510 Posts

No Probs with Mine either.....with PPL loaded etc..

You could have a possible suspension problem...
Could be a rebound issue..

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'back tire rubbing? suspension problem?'

nope i don't have that problem although i do have a right rear suspension problem it hink

going at medium high spped...i don't hear it but going over say a speed bump or bumps on road at low speed, my suspension rattles.

·
Registered
60 Posts

No problem here either. Have had 5 adults in the car for extended periods of out-of-town driving and never had a problem with the suspension. Sucked a heap of fuel though.

I'd get it checked out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

wonder if it has anything to do with the new wheels that i had put on?
got konig septors put on. i will probably call the dealer soon. it doesnt do the rubbing when there is no one in the back.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Ha- well duh! You said you had the stock 17's! Wheels with the normal 40mm offset will surely rub.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

ok, so i forgot to mention one slight little detail, about having new wheels, i thought about it but then quickly thought against it.
guess i answered my own question!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

lets just ask one small quick question..... are YOU perfect?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i have the same prob.... shit is pissin me off. so i'm gonna roll my fenders soon whenever i get new tires. i saw a fender roller sumwur. anyone see any around?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

And this is because you also have aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
34 Posts

I rolled my wheelwells up and that helped alot. I still can't drive it hard fully loaded, but can with a passenger.Can't wait for the gas adjustable shocks to come out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: back tire rubbing? suspension problem?

well it is good to see that others with non stock wheels are having the same difficulties! not that it is a good thing, but that it is not just my car that has the problem. it is not often i take lots of passengers anyway, i will just do what you said shawn920 and not drive it hard when i have passengers in the back.
how much do you suppose the gas adjustable shocks will cost?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: back tire rubbing? suspension problem?

gas adjustable suspension as in fast and the furious movie? well i think that cost heaps...last time my friend installed it in his Audi and it cost him A$8K (stock+fitted)
if it's cheap i'd see heaps of ppl using it on the road. but i've seen none...except in illegal drag race.

i used my 6 to move my stuff from my old house to the new one..was loaded with heaps of stuff...presumably 500kg but it didn't rub the fenders though...

·
Registered
205 Posts

Originally posted by Shawn920

I rolled my wheelwells up and that helped alot. I still can't drive it hard fully loaded, but can with a passenger.Can't wait for the gas adjustable shocks to come out.[/b]
Just wanted to know, how you rolled your wheelwells? With what, how much, and what insturctions if you don't mind. Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts