Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kiddie - (Most prolly don't give a crap) but I figured this is the lounge section, (and it's therapeutic for me to get this off my chest) so bare with me.

So after a blissful year and some months later, I'm being thrown back out in the single's market again to fend for myself. Its a weird place to be, I'm not really familiar with it, seeing that I technically haven't been single for the last 7 yrs. Yikes! I feel a breakup is very closely identify with death...cuz in a sense it's a lost. And in most cases, it's forever. (being a lil melodramatic? Probably) But hear me out: The Five Stages of Grief: Denial :nono: , Anger/resentment :irate:, Bargaining :D, Depression :tear:, and finally Acceptance :yesnod: All of which I've experience in the last couple of days. Quite frankly, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.

The whole idea of going out there and basically to reinvent yourself (i.e. hit the gym), to reselling yourself, to invest the time and energy to get to know someone. Then of course, it's never smooth sailing; you'll always run into obstacles (i.e. competition w/ younger, hotter women, musical chairs concept, how many dates will it take to find that person? A number of issues) personally, I never found it to be a fun place to be, then again I was never the dating type. I'm 27 btw, and SoCal thought he was old, I'm following very closely behind! *sigh*

Some might say that I should be glad to know now rather then well into a marriage 5 yrs from now, only to end up in divorce. I have this opportunity to "reinvent" myself, so make the best of it and have fun. Why force a relationship upon someone who fell out of love with you? Rejection is never good for the spirit. Because you can't help but to blame yourself (and for the record, it was my fault) for why it didn't work out. But a secret here is to have a great support system: family, friends, mentors, 6club members, yada yada yada.

I've had some time to think about everything, and just when I finally come up with "I need this time to be by myself, at least 6 mos," my friends have set me up with dates next week. ALREADY?! Who does that? What happened to giving yourself some time? Taking a break from it all to "find myself,"? But I've always been a firm believer in once you fallen off a horse, the only way to conquer your fears and get over it, is to get back up on it. Or a rebound, whatever you want to call it. In this case, meeting new people. Going back out there, embracing and enjoying every aspect of the dating world! Maybe a little sooner than I would expect. Easy come, easy go! :love:

He might not like the fact that I'm talking about this (or he doesn't care either way) but if you don't see this posting up, then you know why...

So here's my rant, well, not really, my thoughts for the day. Feel free to comment, add your $0.02, b*tch or say nothing at all. Thanks everyone! The End.

Happy Easter!

·
Registered
933 Posts
yeah...i bet this is extremely awkward for adam. i don't know either of you two, or what happened between u guys, but i wish both of u guys the best of luck for the future.

one hint though...don't start dating again quite yet. maybe its good for u, but its not good for the guys u will be dating. it's not fair to them, plus, the last thing a guy wants to hear is: "i just got out of a year and couple months relationship". and if they don't turn and run from that, they're probably desperate, not that picky, or just want to get laid. if u do tell him that and he says, well thats cool, but i think it would be better if we held off going out for a while, so that u can get over him, then he's a keeper.

just my .2 cents.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Keep your head up... And remember his loss is someone else's gain. I don't know you guys but I am sure that things will be ok. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know who you are, your relationship, nor the circumstances surrounding your breakup, but take this opportunity to reflect on yourself and who you are and then move foward.

After being in your same situation a half year ago, I discovered how much I had neglected myself. I found that a great outlet for anger and self improvement is the gym. Get back into 'singles shape'! I did it to occupy my newfound free time as well as get my mind off of the breakup. I am now in the best shape of my life and I'm loving it!

If anything, it helps you identify what you need and want in the relationship. When you're ready, put yourself out there again and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself and what you want.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I'm really sorry about what happened. Breaking up sucks especially when you care a lot for the other person.

There was somebody in this forum that experienced the same thing. You can read the thread here. Some good advices in there.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With all the damn time in the world right now, (and him not talking to me) all I can do is write. Maybe ya'll gonna get something out of it, maybe not. Excerpts of my journal entry: (7 pgs total, I sent it to him, not sure if he read it or not)

deleted.

·
Registered
490 Posts
HEY! First thing is STOP with the Corny phrasing. Reality check...
You are NOT alone, over 12 million young adults are standing right next to you. If you feel unworthy, remember you were brought to this world, not to exist, not to just ride the fence. Yet to make a difference and experience emotions.
Now get out there and RUN 10 laps!!! Then go make a cup of Hot Cocoa and sit back with a movie, book, radio, friends. The little things in LIFE should not be missed. Nor should feeling LIFE!
You will see tommorrow and the next day. That is why we stay alive. To get to know our own self, is special. This is your time to do that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*sigh*

My one outlet through all of this is writing stupid sh*t. And that gets stomp on. I don't even own a 6 anymore. But I figured this would be the one place he'll hear me. Time and space is the devil. :irate:

I'll stop.

Alright, done here. Mods (better yet, Atom44wat) please close this thread. It's useless.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i mean, uh, this is almost EMO. watch where you tread :)

go, be single, so what about anything else. the push is OMG OMG OMG WHO YOU GONNA MARRY OMGOMGOMGOGMG

fuck them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you guys are misunderstanding me...I'm not Emo at all. Probably a lil too personal for everyone. I'll remove it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
well I think i figured out what this really is. your definately not over adam. this is a cry for his attention or sympathy from him. since he's a mod here, u want him to read it and know how u feel. and there's definately way too much hope inside of u for a chance that u guys will get back together.

love sucks when it ends, but the one thing guys hate is if u get all emotional and psychotic after the breakup. stop sending him stuff, stop trying to get his attention. he probably ended things because he wanted to i'm assuming, so i'd just let it be and move on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
Jade2279
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing