Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got my car back after 3-4 weeks at the dealership... Tranny, clutch, some mounts.. Basically having everything fixed up "perfect" while still under warranty and such...

I have some issues i'd like comments on before taking it back to dealership. I ask because... for example... Windows not working? People asked about this and took it back to dealership before learning how to reset them ourselves.... I'd rather not make same simple mistake with these issues i'm having.

1) Heater... Doesn't work for shit anymore. I always start up my car and let it idle down from 2500 rpm to about 1000 before driving. The heater has ALWAYS been warm or HOT by this time... or shortly after. Currently I can drive half way to work (10+ min) and still blowing cold air.... After a LONG while I can get some heat to pump out but it quickly cools off. I believe this is just engine heat building up?

2) I had tranny worked on (2nd and 4th gears). Shifting seems VERY solid. Not in a good way. Getting into 2nd is pretty difficult. To the point I would not have purchased this vehicle if I had test-driven it in the current condition. I feels like it "grinds" a bit when trying to get into gear. I'm not sure if this is related to the clutch needs to "break" in or the tranny needs to be broken in or something? May sound stupid but I honestly don't know....

3) I had the rear engine mount + rear top diff mount installed to hopefully fix rear diff bolt breaking issues! (They also replaced the top right engine mount that had burst). Idle has a bit of vibration w/o ac on. I believe this is to be expected and will give it time. HOWEVER 6th gear seems to have issues. If i'm at 3000 rpm in 6th on freeway I seem to have a lot of extra vibration. If I shift down to 5th (higher RPMs obviously) it seems to go away. I can shift in and out of 6th and to all different gears and RPM levels and it just seems like 6th has some added / odd vibrations. Maybe its just me? Is it possible for something to be "mis-aligned" when putting the tranny back together that would cause 6th to create extra vibrations?

UNRELATED - Warranty Questions

1) The LED light on my center console (heater controls) Is out. I don't see anything under the extended warranty contract that says its NOT covered. Would you guys recommend going in for warranty on this or just ignore it and possibly try and fix it myself?

2) Shifter - My stock shifter (the top number cap/cover) is loose. Do you think this is covered under warranty? I find it hard to believe i'm "hard" on the shifter when driving to the point i'd have somehow broken the top cap loose. New shifters aren't cheap and I really like the stock.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
QUOTE (PerfectXtreme @ Feb 2 2010, 12:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634195
So just got my car back after 3-4 weeks at the dealership... Tranny, clutch, some mounts.. Basically having everything fixed up "perfect" while still under warranty and such...

I have some issues I'd like comments on before taking it back to dealership. I ask because... for example... Windows not working? People asked about this and took it back to dealership before learning how to reset them ourselves.... I'd rather not make same simple mistake with these issues I'm having.

1) Heater... Doesn't work for shit anymore. I always start up my car and let it idle down from 2500 rpm to about 1000 before driving. The heater has ALWAYS been warm or HOT by this time... or shortly after. Currently I can drive half way to work (10+ min) and still blowing cold air.... After a LONG while I can get some heat to pump out but it quickly cools off. I believe this is just engine heat building up?

most likely its low on coolant or you have a bubble in your heater core

2) I had tranny worked on (2nd and 4th gears). Shifting seems VERY solid. Not in a good way. Getting into 2nd is pretty difficult. To the point I would not have purchased this vehicle if I had test-driven it in the current condition. I feels like it "grinds" a bit when trying to get into gear. I'm not sure if this is related to the clutch needs to "break" in or the tranny needs to be broken in or something? May sound stupid but I honestly don't know....

take it back, thats a synchro problem, they shouldn't have reused then so its either put together wrong or the just tryed to reuse the old ones

3) I had the rear engine mount + rear top diff mount installed to hopefully fix rear diff bolt breaking issues! (They also replaced the top right engine mount that had burst). Idle has a bit of vibration w/o ac on. I believe this is to be expected and will give it time. HOWEVER 6th gear seems to have issues. If I'm at 3000 rpm in 6th on freeway I seem to have a lot of extra vibration. If I shift down to 5th (higher RPMs obviously) it seems to go away. I can shift in and out of 6th and to all different gears and RPM levels and it just seems like 6th has some added / odd vibrations. Maybe its just me? Is it possible for something to be "mis-aligned" when putting the tranny back together that would cause 6th to create extra vibrations?

this is back to the same problem, sounds like they screwed up when they rebuilt the tranny, most likely missing gear shims (i don't know in there are shims in the tranny)or a damaged bearing

UNRELATED - Warranty Questions

1) The LED light on my center console (heater controls) Is out. I don't see anything under the extended warranty contract that says its NOT covered. Would you guys recommend going in for warranty on this or just ignore it and possibly try and fix it myself?

its an easy fix and its posted on the forms

2) Shifter - My stock shifter (the top number cap/cover) is loose. Do you think this is covered under warranty? I find it hard to believe I'm "hard" on the shifter when driving to the point I'd have somehow broken the top cap loose. New shifters aren't cheap and I really like the stock.[/b]
some people have gotten new knobs from the dealer, its up to you if you want to try, the worst thing they can say is no

if it were my car i would take it to a diffrent dealer for the tranny work to be redone

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply (hope others have input as well)...

Problem with taking it to a different dealership is... Only "some" of the work is warranty related. The Stock clutch for example was "fine" but I'd rather get a new one installed "free labor" while the thing is already open. 200-300 bucks for new clutch isn't bad deal if you ask me!

Anyway, I'm sure I can get this dealership to honor "fixes" on the labor/work they've done but I doubt another dealership would stand up to correct the problems this one caused.

I'm also going to try and find another speed6 in the area I can test-drive. It may just be going from a rental back to my speed but steering seems SUPER hard now. It feels as though power-steering is disabled or broken. I know its a lot more stiff in this vehicle than others... but it now seems REALLY bad.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can't comment on your other problems, but I have had a 6th gear vibration since I bought the car. I don't know if it's the same one, but it's only in 6th gear, at around 3000 rpm, and it's a pulsing vibration, frequency of like 1/2Hz, and it goes away when you pull the e-brake 1-click (4wd is off). I took it to dealership, and called Mazda. No hope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had similar problem, when changing up from 1st to 2nd it feels very lumpy and sometimes crunches. Have told my dealer shit about this and they could find nothing wrong.
Took my car in last week for 80,000km service and again told them of my concern.
Told me that they test drove vehicle and found a TSB for this concern.
Part is on order
I asked what part it was they said it was a selector, I then asked if the tranny had to come out they said no.
I’m waiting for the call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts