Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know eibach springs are good. Don't know much about B&G. Are they as good? I have found that they are a bit cheaper and provide a little more drop than Eibach, can the shocks handle the more drop? Any imput on the this would be nice.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry man I haven't tried either. When I do drop it though I was going to go with the B&G springs...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im also trying to figure out if I want to drop mine. You can't go wrong with Eibach. But I saw that the BG drop a little more. I don't know the quality of them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had some B&G springs on my cobalt SS. i had them on the car for a few months, but they were rough; Mainly because it was such a low drop, but i never had any problems.

·
Registered
152 Posts
there both european product the eibach are a german product.. i had eibachs on my nissan sentra and i loved them....

·
Registered
291 Posts
So I finally put B&G springs on last month and so far I'm loving them..

·
Registered
244 Posts
if you have any problems with the camber after the drop, how can you fix it? cuz i couldnt ind any camber kits for the second gen, and im afraid the b&g would do that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
if you have any problems with the camber after the drop, how can you fix it? cuz i couldnt ind any camber kits for the second gen, and im afraid the b&g would do that.
it doesnt matter what springs you use, after a drop the camber kit will take the hit if not sooner it then it will later...

·
Registered
17 Posts
FWIW- I just did the Eibach drop on my '09 and afterwards had the alignment checked.
It was still within spec and other than the improved stance I can't tell anything has changed. Even ride quality is good.

·
Registered
244 Posts
FWIW- I just did the Eibach drop on my '09 and afterwards had the alignment checked.
It was still within spec and other than the improved stance I can't tell anything has changed. Even ride quality is good.
so do you think it was a far enough drop for you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do think it's enough of a drop considering I have to drive it daily and through varying road conditions. I posted some pics in the exterior mods section.
Nice thing is that the alignment is still within spec after the drop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Could you notice the handling difference and if you did have to get cambers how much are they?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it did improve the handling to a small degree since the center of gravity is a bit lower with the drop but I wouldn't call it significant, at least in my car. No camber adjustment was needed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it did improve the handling to a small degree since the center of gravity is a bit lower with the drop but I wouldn't call it significant, at least in my car. No camber adjustment was needed.
how come you cant tell a difference? if you cant notice somewhat of a drastic difference then the springs are useless :mad: that kinda disappointed me there...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thats why I was asking if it made that much of a difference. I didn't want to spend all of that money if it didn't make a big improvement.

·
Registered
244 Posts
im just lookijn to get rid of my ugly ass wheel gap, so if it did that for ya, im good to go, thanks for the help man

·
Registered
17 Posts
how come you cant tell a difference? if you cant notice somewhat of a drastic difference then the springs are useless :mad: that kinda disappointed me there...
sorry to disappoint, but in my car the springs didn't make a big diff in handling. Just closes some of that massive wheel gap. I got the springs for less than 200 and put them on myself, so it wasn't too expensive.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts