Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll go against the grain and state that I'm an unhappy customer. I bought an Axxess iPod adapter and the first stopped working, the 2nd doesn't seem to be working out of the box, and store credit seems to be the only thing I'm being offered. I won't be buying from RPM store if they can't stand by the products they sell.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I split this post out of the other thread, in order to keep the original thread on topic.

So, your first unit stopped working for an unknown reason and we offered to send you a brand new replacement, and it also is not working for an unknown reason? The Axxess unit is manufactured by Metra. Have you tried contacting their technical support department in order to determine the cause of the failure? Perhaps something went wrong with your head unit, which would explain why the original stopped working, and a brand new replacement doesn't work either.

If a new unit will not work in your vehicle, I'm not sure that we have any choice other than to offer you a credit. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly, I decided to give the Axxess a 2nd try, I wasn't sent a replacement. First unit worked, and then the connection to the iPod would be lost, and it would still play music w/o having the "check" screen, if you know what I'm talking about; then it wouldn't be able to be controlled by the h/u. This one will play music but nothing from a playlist. If they were the same symptoms I'd consider it the h/u, but they're totally different. I'm giving up on the Axxess completely.

I'll touch base with Metra, to see if they have anything to say besides "replace the unit", but I'd just like a refund because store credit basically says to me: we're taking your money regardless of getting a working product.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Feb 16 2010, 07:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637296
Not exactly, I decided to give the Axxess a 2nd try, I wasn't sent a replacement. First unit worked, and then the connection to the iPod would be lost, and it would still play music w/o having the "check" screen, if you know what I'm talking about; then it wouldn't be able to be controlled by the h/u. This one will play music but nothing from a playlist. If they were the same symptoms I'd consider it the h/u, but they're totally different. I'm giving up on the Axxess completely.

I'll touch base with Metra, to see if they have anything to say besides "replace the unit", but I'd just like a refund because store credit basically says to me: we're taking your money regardless of getting a working product.[/b]
Well, we do offer an alternative to the Axxess unit that is generally considered to be a better product, due to the fact that it allows you to control the iPod directly. If that product isn't of interest you, just explain your reason for wanting a refund rather than store credit to our customer support staff. Our standard policy is to give credits, but we do give refunds on occasion, depending upon the circumstances.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (falcontx @ Feb 16 2010, 03:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637386
Well, we do offer an alternative to the Axxess unit that is generally considered to be a better product, due to the fact that it allows you to control the iPod directly.[/b]
While in playlist mode:
* The iPod screen will read "OK to disconnect" and the user interface can not be used.[/b]
I don't think you can control the iPod directly. Nonetheless, a big feature I was looking for was text display and unfortunately this doesn't support that. I'm talking to Metra about the Axxess currently, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
On the XCarLink, there are two modes. In "playlist" mode, you can not control the iPod directly, but in "direct" mode, you can. In direct mode, since you have full control over the iPod, the track name/artist is visible on the iPod. But you're right about text display on the LCD. That's only an option with the Axxess.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to update this. I have been talking to Metra about this and apparently the instructions are incorrect. Instructions claim Presets 4 & 5 are for playlist change, and it is actually 5 & 6.

The unit is still acting up as the disc changer doesn't always recognize the unit. I've taken my car apart so often that it maybe a loose connection, but I have to verify.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts