Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed tonight that the little Mazda logo on the intercooler cover of my MS6 has the plastic silver stuff bubbling and delaminating! Not only that, but the logo itself is lifting off the cover and loose on the forward side.

Umm, my Speed only has 850 miles on it. I don't know if this is due to the heat from the motor or what, but this is ridiculous. I don't know if I should call my dealer and bitch or what. I know it's small, but it already looks bad and it'll only get worse and eventually fall of completely.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I just noticed tonight that the little Mazda logo on the intercooler cover of my MS6 has the plastic silver stuff bubbling and delaminating! Not only that, but the logo itself is lifting off the cover and loose on the forward side.

Umm, my Speed only has 850 miles on it. I don't know if this is due to the heat from the motor or what, but this is ridiculous. I don't know if I should call my dealer and bitch or what. I know it's small, but it already looks bad and it'll only get worse and eventually fall of completely.
[/b]
warranty should cover that. check the back of your IC cover. make sure its sitting on the aluminum leaf and not touching any plastic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, that is a poor quality job by Mazda. I would call the dealer and make an appointment to bring her in when it's conveniant for you. They will just order the needed parts and replace it under warranty.
Not the biggest deal in the world, but not one to let them get away with either.

Good luck

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine's doing the same thing. I'm gonna take it in this week some time, and have them order the part. No big deal though. It gets pretty damn hot under there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
But guys that kind of sucks. I mean how many times do we have to change it? If your car has 2500 miles that is 20 covers before we hit 50K. And the summer is coming! Maybe they get some heat resistant plastic/coating.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
if enough people get it replaced...they'll find a solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
gater
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing