Mazda 6 Forums banner

AWR Racing Transmission Mount, anyone tried it?

37K views 154 replies 27 participants last post by  sonicgearhead 
#1 ·
I noticed on AWR Racing's site that they have a stiffer mount that goes on top of the transmission for both 4cyl and V6 cars. This is obviously different than the rear motor (wishbone) mount that most of us already have by CP-E or SU (if you don't have one, GET ONE!). It's also available in 3 stiffness options: 70, 88, and 95 durometer.

My question is has anyone used this and what are the results? Can it (and is it recommended) be used in conjunction with the CP-E/SU motor mounts? Does it replace the top stock mount or does it coincide? Is it for both ATX and MTX users?

I've tried searching here but came up with no results. But for $82 it could prove useful to us modders that plan (or have already) to put more power down to the wheels.

Here's the link to the product: Click Here!
:seeya:
Paul

#4 ·
Well if you try to click on the engine mount option for the mazda 6 at their homepage, it takes you to the page with all their motor mounts but this one is missing. But if you go to the store page and pull up motor mounts for mazda 6 this comes up as an option. Maybe you missed it due to poor webpage layout and poor marketing? ;)

Paul

#13 ·
hmm........i like..........looks like thats one more thing to add to the list.yo i just tried calling too dave......lol![/b]
So did I.... lmaoMaybe that's why there wasn't an answer. We all called at the same time haha![/b]
I got the answering machine......No busy signal for me. :laugh:
wait......there is something missing.......theres a design flaw in that.........hold for pics![/b]
WTF :doh:

#14 ·
the factory mount has 4 points to which it bolts to the frame:

2 point on top of the frame rail and 2 point on the inner side of the frame rail

SEE:

now this mount, unless im missing something. only has 2 points to where it mounts to the frame rail(top of it)

SEE:

now if that is the case......this mount wwill sooner or later tear up those 2 mounting points in the frame rail from not having enough support. unless those other 2 points are hidden because the angle of the photo.

i would ask them about that if they ever answer the phone.

i just took these photos a minute ago, lol.

#15 ·
wait......there is something missing.......theres a design flaw in that.........hold for pics![/b]
Huh?!?

If you look carefully, it looks like under the bushings of the AWR mount there is a spot for bolts. Is that what you are referring to as "missing"? The bolting locations look like they are there. It just seems to reuse the metal plate attached below the mount is all.

Paul

#18 ·
looks like it replaces the top piece, not the bottom piece that mounts to the side of the frame rail? theres a bolt (maybe 2) under the bushing that would secure it to the bottom piece

edit:
Damn, Paul got to it first.

#19 ·
i just called again and left a message this time. if there is something not shown in the photo that would remedy that, then i will buy it and try it out. just waiting for a call back

looks like it replaces the top piece, not the bottom piece that mounts to the side of the frame rail? theres a bolt (maybe 2) under the bushing that would secure it to the bottom piece[/b]
well there would have to be 2 studs under there to go thru the bottom peice. at that angle at least the 1st stud should be able to be seen. it's gonna have to be about 3/4" to and 1" long.u should be able to see it, unless they purposely covered it up for the photo

#20 ·
in the photo NY posted you can see that under the bushing body there is a nut. its basically what it touching the ground in the picture. i dont think they are covering it up, its just it has a nut on it and sort of blends with the body of it.

#23 ·
for those really looking to stiffen up the tranny mount a bit, have you tried filling it? i did this a couple years ago, and it was holding so well, we kept it through the tranny swap and it's still being used. there is a 3M product called "window weld", all you have to do is pull the mount and clean it really well, tape off one side and fill the openings with the window weld. need to wait a full day for sure, 2 if you have it for it to cure, but man, it made a hell of a difference.

for those that don't want to spend $ on something that they aren't sure is gonna work, $14 will set you up really nice. just thought i'd throw that out there. i tried pulling the passenger point (oil filled on) and draiining it then filling it with the window weld, but the design of the mount won't allow for it.

#24 ·
ok..just got off the phone with AWR:

heres the skinny.......................

the one on the site is the prototype. they have none in stock as of right now. the studs are there under the mount for the second half on the mount. they will come in 2 different colors.

one of which is the color you already see(silver) and the other will be gold plated.

they will not have them in stock for another 3-4days.

the actuall ones that will be shipping will also include a tab for the battery tray or hold down.......so that will still be secured properly.

and i also asked about a group buy. and he informed me that if i can get 5 or more guys he will give us 10% off the price.

SO WHO'S IN?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.