Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

steel tube with polyurethane. available at $65 through streetunit. thoughts? comparisons to cp-e's mount?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Are they the same mount?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
can't compare unless you know the durometer rating of the polyurethane. Also, CPE tested a Poly mount for a while and it very quickly discengrated. That's why they went with rubber...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't compare unless you know the durometer rating of the polyurethane. Also, CPE tested a Poly mount for a while and it very quickly discengrated. That's why they went with rubber...
[/b]
thanks. i figured this would be too stiff. ive got a cpe mount on the way, but just wanted to hear some input on this one.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
AWR is definitely reputable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
cool, any thoughts about what Dabears said????

·
Registered
214 Posts
talked to AWR, they said the mount has been on the car for 4 months... they also said to give them a call after this weekend because they are taking it back out on the track... said they warranty their parts if something isn't right.

i'll probably wait to call them on monday and see what happened before ordering... those end links seem interesting too...

·
Registered
814 Posts
CPEs is prettier :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
CPEs is prettier :D
[/b]
And has proven itself to 'slide' around in it's housing

I like what AWR did w/ the edges of the urethane in a dumbell shape over the housing to hopefully eliminate any failure as the CPE has shown in the past.

·
Registered
814 Posts
And has proven itself to 'slide' around in it's housing

I like what AWR did w/ the edges of the urethane in a dumbell shape over the housing to hopefully eliminate any failure as the CPE has shown in the past.
[/b]
what slides? you mean the rubber which was fixed with metal dowels.

and CPEs has no weld points which could be considered by some a weak point. just my two cents...I hear ya.

·
Registered
36 Posts
steel tube with polyurethane. available at $65 through streetunit. thoughts? comparisons to cp-e's mount?
[/b]

I had an AWR 70 durometer mount for our Mazda3s for a while. The unit seemed to be very high quality. I loved what it did for the shift quality, but absolutely hated the vibration that went along with it. At idle with the A/C on it would rattle numerous things inside the cabin. Just off of idle it would rattle the hatch. It felt great running through the gears, but below ~1500rpm it felt like the car was falling apart. I ended up taking it off the car and selling it after only ~400 miles.

Of course, that may not apply to the MS6 mount at all. For $65 it's half the cost of the CP-E and is probably well worth it if you don't mind the added vibration.

*edit: typo

·
Registered
214 Posts
just ordered the cp-e mount... i guess i just went with what's proven already

·
Registered
247 Posts
just ordered the cp-e mount... i guess i just went with what's proven already
[/b]

With that mentality I would go with the AWR then. :D I had the one of the original awr front mounts in my MP3 then added the rear mount (that was a freakin bitch to do, I think I was one of the few people that actually did it with out pulling the motor. lol). I saved the front mount and put it on my MSP and never had any problems with it. My only concern with only reaplacing one mount is the extra stress to the other stock mounts. Some people started blowing stock rear mounts when they put the just the front mounth on.

How hard is it to change the rear mount on the 6.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
How hard is it to change the rear mount on the 6.
[/b]
Takes about 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i've been using a urethane mount on my turbo setup for over a year now, no issues at all and i think it looks sweeter than any other option currently out there.

...but that's just me. not sure how the parts vary from speed to 4cyl though

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a friend that had an AWR 70 duro (88 was available) mount on the Mazda3. Yes there was vibration at idle (especially at start-up), however 98% of that was gone with about 1000-1500km's on the odo. But the benefits were all there. He definately enjoyed it. Once people started buying it, AWR raised the price, even though it was not that much (in CDN funds it was a bit more), it just cooled off most of the other buyers on the forums (did their own for pretty much free). Hopefully it stays at 65$

As for the strength of this mount which is STEEL w/Welds compared to the CPE Aluminum thats solid...probably not much of a difference.

I am just waiting for someone to buy it and give a review after owning it for 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have a friend that had an AWR 70 duro (88 was available) mount on the Mazda3. Yes there was vibration at idle (especially at start-up), however 98% of that was gone with about 1000-1500km's on the odo. But the benefits were all there. He definately enjoyed it.

I am just waiting for someone to buy it and give a review after owning it for 2-3 weeks.
[/b]
I'd be more than happy to try this out and report back, however, I need to know install details first.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts