Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
If you search you will find this DOES NOT fit the Mazdaspeed6... and I would definately do a FMIC before you do a radiator, as it will affect fitment...

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
AWR does have a radiator that fits the Mazdaspeed 6, but they haven't added it their website.

However, we have. ;)

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=346

The AWR radiator fits in the exact spot that the stock radiator fits and takes up no additional space within the radiator shroud. The stock cooling tanks are thicker than the stock radiator, whereas the AWR radiator is expanded to be the same thickness as the cooling tanks. As a result, this would not affect the fitment of an FMIC, especially since the A/C condenser sits directly in front of the radiator anyhow.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
AWR does have a radiator that fits the Mazdaspeed 6, but they haven't added it their website.

However, we have. ;)

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=346

The AWR radiator fits in the exact spot that the stock radiator fits and takes up no additional space within the radiator shroud. The stock cooling tanks are thicker than the stock radiator, whereas the AWR radiator is expanded to be the same thickness as the cooling tanks. As a result, this would not affect the fitment of an FMIC, especially since the A/C condenser sits directly in front of the radiator anyhow.
[/b]
Great to know... I wasn't sure if it was a larger core, but I remember reading it was much more efficient...

What is the $$$ on that bad boy...

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Meh, I didn't even look when in the link (its early)...

Good deal for someone who tracks the car a LOT or drives in excessive heat a lot...

It'll be on my list, but probably a ways down it...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I know that Tri-Point and Tindol Motorsports uses AWR is their SWC 6's.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The link I gave was for the one specificaly for the speeed6. If you look they are also building a speed6 pace car. :drool:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
The link I gave was for the one specificaly for the speeed6. If you look they are also building a speed6 pace car. :drool:
[/b]
You're right. When I talked to them, they told me they didn't have it listed yet. Either way, it's available (with a lead time).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts