Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my girlfriend knows how much I love my car. She's an artist, so she thought that drawing a picture of my car would be a great Christmas gift. Well it was, It looks amazing! It's rendered in colored pencil. She is a painter, and this is her first time drawing something in colored pencil. She even framed it. :) Check this out!

The real digital picture.

The grids.

The framed picture.

Close-up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
WOW!!! That's very good She obviously put a lot of thought, time, and effort into this. I hope you got /made her something very nice.

P.S. any woman who can respect and understand how much you're car means to you is something to behold. :love: Sounds like a keeper!
Cheers!

·
Registered
867 Posts
WOW that's amazing, could never do something like that. Should be proud of her

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks great! A very thoughtful gift!
[/b]
Thanks!

WOW that's amazing, could never do something like that. Should be proud of her
[/b]
Yep, that's why I put it up on here!

are the front tires on a ramp?
[/b]
No, the shadow it just extended to far out, look at the digital picture, then compare it to the drawn one. The shadow is just a little wide. You guys are pretty particular, jeez. :sarc:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
uggghh...I wish a can draw!......But it Looks AWESOME! :drool:

:eek:fftopic: But.......Arent those Kazera Rims? If so.....Looks GREAT! :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Looks good, Devon. The girl has got some talent so don't let her go. I remember the grid back in highschool and that stuff ain't easy. If she has some time for a homie, maybe she can start on my 6.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uggghh...I wish a can draw!......But it Looks AWESOME! :drool:

:eek:fftopic: But.......Arent those Kazera Rims? If so.....Looks GREAT! :eek:fftopic:
[/b]
Nope, they are Kosei K1-TS. Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful! Kudos to her skill, you lucky SOB, you! :)
[/b]
I am pretty lucky! Thanks for the compliment, she'll hear all of them!

Looks good, Devon. The girl has got some talent so don't let her go. I remember the grid back in highschool and that stuff ain't easy. If she has some time for a homie, maybe she can start on my 6.
[/b]
Haha, I think this was a one time thing, but thanks Will.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Awesome gift to get! It looks great. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Awesome gift! Personalized gifts are always cool.

Your car is doing one-wheeled push-ups!
My car is always doing those on turns with the TCS off. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
It's all about the time and effort she put into it though, it took her a while to do.
[/b]
In a meaningful standpoint, yes.

Honestly, I think it's really damn good, especially since it's all in colored pencil.

But, not to be a pessimist or anything but, I had this art professor a few years ago that would've ridden her ass and told her to start over, just for the front tire part.

In the end, and ESPECIALLY with art, it's the honest criticism that makes you better. You have to learn to take it, as much time you put into a painting, drawing, scratch board, whatever... if it sucks, she'd tell you.

I had a friend that made this charcoal drawing, spent weeks on it right. Later on, he took it to this instructor and said, "Ya know, I think I'm done but I feel like it's missing something. Whaddya think?"

Whereas she replied,"... got a match?"

·
Registered
364 Posts
That's why I never liked art classes.
The ones I've been in were too structured and I don't work that way. Deadlines kill my mood.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
In the end what counts is you both have taste and appreciation - in each other / and for this amazing shot of your car (the digital) . This shot just amazes me everytime I've seen it - there's just something about it -the color/lighting/stance !

If I get into it I can be a pretty good drawer ; I've pencil-drawned among others a huge Cobra Snake on a 30X20inch paper with the little chromed Cobra fender badge next to it as my guide .

I've never done cars yet but if I can take more time from other things ;
I will order me this book : HOW TO DRAW CARS LIKE A PRO and seriously get into drawing some hot Concepts heheh .
Just noticed they have some CALENDARS for Sale of these drawings also .

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome gift! Personalized gifts are always cool.

Your car is doing one-wheeled push-ups!
My car is always doing those on turns with the TCS off. :laugh:[/b]
Haha. Thanks man! :)

In the end what counts is you both have taste and appreciation - in each other / and for this amazing shot of your car (the digital) . This shot just amazes me everytime I've seen it - there's just something about it -the color/lighting/stance !

If I get into it I can be a pretty good drawer ; I've pencil-drawned among others a huge Cobra Snake on a 30X20inch paper with the little chromed Cobra fender badge next to it as my guide .

I've never done cars yet but if I can take more time from other things ;
I will order me this book : HOW TO DRAW CARS LIKE A PRO and seriously get into drawing some hot Concepts heheh .
Just noticed they have some CALENDARS for Sale of these drawings also .[/b]
Haha, thanks for the compliments! It's one of my car's better pictures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts