Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure hope this is just a fluke or something... I was driving home from work in traffic, then while accellerating from a light there was a soft clunk, and now my AWD isn't working, the front tires spin/squeel whenever I get on it even a little bit.... I hope it was simply overheated or something but the dash light isn't on, which according to the manual it should be if the awd overheated.... This sucks, not even 6k miles on the car yet. I have an appointment for saturday so if it isn't resolved by then i'll tell them to do that too. It is going in for oil change, the recall, and rattling doorpanels... Gotta be honest, i'm regretting purchasing a mazda right now... Time to go take the bike out and clear my head.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dumb question, but is the e-brake fully disengaged? I read that the rear wheel drive disengages when you ebrake.. maybe somethings screwed up in that system.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dumb question, but is the e-brake fully disengaged? I read that the rear wheel drive disengages when you ebrake.. maybe somethings screwed up in that system.
[/b]
Seems to be, the car rolls around fine in nuetral, but good thinking, maybe the ebrake sensor switch is fubbered

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
OMFG this JUST happened to me today man!

I'm pissed bc I know its not good.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The rear wheels don't spin. The front spins like WHOA in up to 3rd gear.

Driving normal everything seems fine. When I reach higher RPM's I can hear a very loud sound from the back.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's gone into Speed3 mode.

Hold the original dealer window sticker in front of the headlights for 3 minutes - that'll cure it.

Seriously though, I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This thread reminds me of my week of lurking on the WRX boards except it's usually their transmissions that are blowing. I hope Mazda takes care of you, cause Subaru isn't so willing to take care of their own and in some instances I don't blame them since those guys mod the hell of their cars. They usually blame everything on racing or clutch dumping and void their warranty.

From your description it could be the transmission or the differential.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
My opinion is neither, probably the connection for the coupling device driveshaft and the rear diff....

To me, hard, clutch dropping launches probably induce this, but I won't accuse anyone...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
When this happened I was driving normal. About 1500 launch, from a redlight in traffic as well...

I heard thisloud long grinding noise from the rear. Then on, when I launched it a bit higher, about 3500, then at 4500 the most, and feathering, the front tires spin like crazy.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
powerloss reflashes, prematurely blown clutches, broken engine mounts and axles....and now this - please no. when these things go on my car the dealer is gonna make me pay because i have an aftermarket intake, bov and exhaust - not to mention a new gear shift knob.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
maybe i need to postpone my trip to the dealer tomorrow...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
It's gone into Speed3 mode.

Hold the original dealer window sticker in front of the headlights for 3 minutes - that'll cure it.

Seriously though, I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Knock on wood.
[/b]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope this don't happen to me. I'm going to the track and don't need no stinkin Speed3 mode!! :nono: I will bring my window sticker with me. :D :laugh:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yeah I'm removing my intake, but thats it.

The BOV stays. Technically they have to repair something that is not related to the intake/exhaust emissions.

I never dumped the clutch, especially at high RPM's. And even IF I did, this shouldn't have happened unless it has been repeatedly done.

I might have to wait one week from today to take it in. I just don't have as much free time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The BOV stays. Technically they have to repair something that is not related to the intake/exhaust emissions.
[/b]
Real life isn't technical. Typically what a dealer does is refuse to perform the repair. The costs for you to win (in court?) are usually higher than the gains from the free repair.

Keep in mind that dealers regularly get visits from Corporate Mazda, and if one corp dude found that a dealer was performing repairs while it shouldn't, Corp might have a fit with this dealer.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Hmmm... Alright, it wouldn't hurt to remove the BOV.

As long as I don't have to go throught he trouble of that c-clip again.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
It's just an intake , and a Bov????..

I bet the 2007's don't have these issues...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I believe the entire drivetrain is still the same in the 07.

The clutch is different though. Not sure which part, the pedal or in the tranny.

We'll wait and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts