Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my AuxMod the other day.

Went to install it ... (now you would think that with one of these things not much could go wrong huh ) and found that the HU would not recognise it at all.

Pressing the Tape/MD button does not do anything.

The connection itself doesn't feel very tight but I think the contacts should be making enough contact for it to work though.

I recon it could be faulty unit, have sent Sylfex an email but no reply yet.

I followed the instruction from the Sylfex website when installing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anything else I need to do

My car is UK spec 2.0L 2003 Mazda 6.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like either the contacts are not seated properly or you have a faulty chip. Mine took very little force to put in the slot but stayed in nicely. Maybe try and power it up and press in on the AuxMod to see if it will recognize it then?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like either the contacts are not seated properly or you have a faulty chip. Mine took very little force to put in the slot but stayed in nicely. Maybe try and power it up and press in on the AuxMod to see if it will recognize it then?
[/b]
Yeah I tried all that - pressed it downwards, to the back/front etc but no joy.

Does it click into place ?

I don't think it will go any further as the edges of the PCB are nearly touching the HU casing.

What was suprising was that you can actually slide the Auxmod sideways a few millimetres either way.

It does seem to be a damn loose fit indeed.

Surely there can't size difference with the UK/Europe HU's and USA ones ????

Anyone from UK got one of these installed ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't imagine there would be either - have you counted the number of pins? Mine definitely did not slide from side to side. But maybe the connector is different for the UK models? Very strange...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
you are not trying to slide it in backwards or whatever are you?

I would suggest contact Sylfex as they would no better then anyone if it will work in the UK models. or if there is a difference period with teh stereo.

Also if you can, you should try taking some picks of how it's in there to give us some idea's of what might be wrong....

D

·
0 Posts
I just installed mine today and I'm having a similar problem, everything hooked up fine but its just not recognizing it. I also sent Sylfex an email but if you hear back from them first or if you figure it out, let me know, I'm really excited to get this working.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just installed mine today and I'm having a similar problem, everything hooked up fine but its just not recognizing it. I also sent Sylfex an email but if you hear back from them first or if you figure it out, let me know, I'm really excited to get this working.
[/b]
Yeah I heard back from them, they have given me a RMA number so I can return the unit back to them for testing. They will then send a new one out it's found faulty.

Sounds like this could be faulty batch or something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/b]

Did you get a reply back from Sylfex or manage to get it working ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
AngryDevil
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing