Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a portable CD player, with a headphone jack. Can I use the Auxiliary outlet on my Mazda 6 to plug
in my CD player to play C?. I would like to try it, but am afraid it might harm the electronics in the
Mazda if I try. If it works I then I will be able to play CDs after all.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Treat your CD player as if it's a phone. You simply connect it with the auxiliary jack and play.

Do you plan to fix it inside your car? I hope it's possible to convert it to a 12 volt DC source.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response, I just got the car yesterday. I inserted the wire that fits the portable Sony CD player
into the Mazda6 auxiliary jack and it worked perfectly just as you said. I called my Mazda salesperson, and he
did not know how easy it is to do. I thought if your car has no CD player you are plum out of luck.

My next question is, I have the Mazda6 2019 Touring (lower end sound system). I want to upgrade my
sound system. Can I do it with just speakers? Or do I need to replace the whole audio system.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If your CD player has a Line Out use it instead of the headphone output. Either will work fine, but the line out would have a cleaner signal. If you only have the headphone out don't crank the volume on the CD player all the way up, you might get distortion at the higher volume levels.

Funny thing about the cd player and Mazda sales staff. At the local place when we were buying my wife's car we were joking with the staff that none of the sales people were old enough to even know how CD players worked, while the finance lady and me (both in our fourties) still use CDs to this day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My next step will be to take my 2019 Mazda6 Touring sedan to a reputable automotive audio installation to see what my options are. Any suggestions as to what sort of amp and speakers I should want. I listed to jazz and classical and other music. Will an aftermarket installation improve on the sound system I have now? gmail

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Mazda6 Touring 2019: Thanks everyone for the advise. My portable CD player has only headphone output. But I will get a portable CD player with line out (USB Aux connect) if it will make significant difference.

I am old school and used to listen to audio tapes on a portable player with a headset. My 2001 Toyota Camry still has a tape player!

Meanwhile, I really think I want to upgrade my audio system on my 2019 Mazda6 Touring (it is not a Bose). I will confer both with Best Buy (they are nearby), and with a reputable Audio Installation shop (farther away). From what I hear, there are multiple issues I need to be aware of regarding the speaker configuration (should I keep the speakers in there current configurations and maybe add a subwoofer- in addition to which and how to add an amp). I welcome suggestions specific to the vehicle I own.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If your CD player has a Line Out use it instead of the headphone output. Either will work fine, but the line out would have a cleaner signal. If you only have the headphone out don't crank the volume on the CD player all the way up, you might get distortion at the higher volume levels.

Funny thing about the cd player and Mazda sales staff. At the local place when we were buying my wife's car we were joking with the staff that none of the sales people were old enough to even know how CD players worked, while the finance lady and me (both in our fourties) still use CDs to this day.
Oh, i was pissed to find out after 3 months of having my 3, that there wasnt a CD player in it.

Will an aftermarket installation improve on the sound system I have now? gmail
Yes.

Re: Mazda6 Touring 2019: Thanks everyone for the advise. My portable CD player has only headphone output. But I will get a portable CD player with line out (USB Aux connect) if it will make significant difference.

I am old school and used to listen to audio tapes on a portable player with a headset. My 2001 Toyota Camry still has a tape player!

Meanwhile, I really think I want to upgrade my audio system on my 2019 Mazda6 Touring (it is not a Bose). I will confer both with Best Buy (they are nearby), and with a reputable Audio Installation shop (farther away). From what I hear, there are multiple issues I need to be aware of regarding the speaker configuration (should I keep the speakers in there current configurations and maybe add a subwoofer- in addition to which and how to add an amp). I welcome suggestions specific to the vehicle I own.
DO NOT AND I CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH, DO NOT GO TO BEST BUY.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Oh, i was pissed to find out after 3 months of having my 3, that there wasnt a CD player in it.

I'm glad mine has a DVD player. I admit that I haven't played my CDs since I bought the car but if ever I feel like it, at least it's there.

My two grown-up kids know about CDs but the cassette tapes are alien to them. It makes me sad that I lost all my tapes including the classical music that my wife used during the time of her pregnancy.

It is said that it is good for the baby. That is, listening to classical music.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts