Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 1st gen owners. I just purchased a 2005 Mazda6 wagon (GT edition with Bose sound and 6-disc CD changer) looking for advice on a product with aux cable (Iphone lightning) or bluetooth that is relatively easy to install (i.e. I would prefer not to have to solder anything). Looks like Synflex Auxmod is not manufactured anymore.
Alternatively, if anyone has a bangin collection of CDs, let me know ;)

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Everything im reading says no, unless you get the Grom unit. Which led me to start thinking, the Bose HUs have a line level output to the amp, so why couldnt you make a T harness and make your own dedicated input to the Bose Amp? Im planning on plumbing in a Kicker KQ5 EQ into the Bose amp in my 3 using the front channels into the EQ and then to the amp. This allows total EQ of the system, while leaving the stock stuff fully functional. You could do something similar with a BT module, but then the volume would be only on your phone.

I found some talk in this search result, and one person wonders if the 06 radio will work (i know on the 3s its wont) and mine can be for sale including the aux wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything im reading says no, unless you get the Grom unit. Which led me to start thinking, the Bose HUs have a line level output to the amp, so why couldnt you make a T harness and make your own dedicated input to the Bose Amp? Im planning on plumbing in a Kicker KQ5 EQ into the Bose amp in my 3 using the front channels into the EQ and then to the amp. This allows total EQ of the system, while leaving the stock stuff fully functional. You could do something similar with a BT module, but then the volume would be only on your phone.

I found some talk in this search result, and one person wonders if the 06 radio will work (i know on the 3s its wont) and mine can be for sale including the aux wiring.

Thanks, much appreciated. I've done a few car stereo installations but I'm not too techie and would like to avoid any soldering. According to the guidance, the grom unit requires some soldering with the 03-08 6's with Bose.

I was taking a look at this product- XCarLink BlueTooth/AUX Integration Kit for Mazda #XCLbt-MAZ - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
and have just reached out to the manufacturer- fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts