Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too shabby for my first auto-x, on new-ish tires and being a complete novice. Well, 122 out of 142 lol, but some of the cars i did better than
Im only pointing out the girl cause it was her first time and she was the only one in her class, and not dead last (she took her time learning the course, not cause she was a "girl", its all about fun). I learned my car can go sideways like its rwd, rotates like its on a lazy susan and is highly tossable over all. Im really glad i kicked 8 Corvette/Camaro behinds, but im surprised on the Miata's, GT350 and the kit car. No surprise on the Nissans though lol.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You must be a good driver or fortunate enough just like me, winning 1st place in my category.

I haven't tried participating in that kind of event, just racing through the circuit.

Speaking of girls, there is one that is very fast and there's no way I can beat her time. I'd like to post our picture but these girls might not want it posted.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, my wheels and confusion on the throttle controller put me in a class i cant compete in, i was 5th of 6, but thats fine. Ill just get used to driving it hard and worry about points next year.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,515 Posts
I love the fact that she was driving a Yaris and got a better time than a 'Vette! Good for her!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the fact that she was driving a Yaris and got a better time than a 'Vette! Good for her!
And dude, she was taking it easy too. They had to make me wait for her to go at least half course so i couldnt catch up. She barely parked before i pulled in behind her.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must be a good driver or fortunate enough just like me, winning 1st place in my category.

I haven't tried participating in that kind of event, just racing through the circuit.

Speaking of girls, there is one that is very fast and there's no way I can beat her time. I'd like to post our picture but these girls might not want it posted.
Ooooh, i missed that. You missed what i said, i was 122nd out of 142 cars lol. I only copied who was slower than me.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I once drove a Dutch market Ford Fiesta... actually here in Vancouver BC Canada (was part of the promotional roll-out Ford had for the Fiesta, prior to it arriving in Dealerships here). This Euro version was on summer tires (North American version was released on All Seasons) and the Euro gearing for its IB5 gearbox was close-ratio. ANYWAYS, I drove that car on a road here in Vancouver (Stanley Park Drive) that for one corner in particular really allowed me to explore its handling. That Fiesta (FWD) was SO rotatable depending on throttle-on versus throttle-trailing that, yes, it confirmed that FWD cars depending on tires and chassis set up are not necessarily understeering pigs. It was a really nice car!

'Boy was I disappointed when Ford "Americanized" that lovely little car for our market. Wide ratio 'box, different (and inferior) engine tuning, etc. Ended up as cr*p (except for the ST version). It 's moot now; Ford quit producing the car for North America.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's an impressive result man! I also tried autox for the first time recently but didn't do nearly as well as you haha. 64/70 PAX. What tires did you go with?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cool to see the Sunbeam Tiger made a showing as well. On my bucket list to try for sure. Does the Zoom-zoom events of old count?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts