Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month's issue of Automobile has a brief review of the Acura TSX and a drive of the new Maxima.

In the TSX review they basically say its a bland sedan, and in the Bottom Line they say, "Looks as if Mazda's 6 has scared even mighty Honda."

In the last line of the Maxima review they say, "Current Maxima owners will love it, but the Mazda 6 is a cheaper way of combining sport and family sedan."

I'll take that as a compliment ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Automobile Mag seems to like the 6'

Originally posted by Casper 6i

This month's issue of Automobile has a brief review of the Acura TSX and a drive of the new Maxima.  

In the TSX review they basically say its a bland sedan, and in the Bottom Line they say, "Looks as if Mazda's 6 has scared even mighty Honda."  

In the last line of the Maxima review they say, "Current Maxima owners will love it, but the Mazda 6 is a cheaper way of combining sport and family sedan."  

I'll take that as a compliment ;)[/b]
Here is the link to the Maxiam article you're referring to: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/0303_...3_nissanmaxima/

Personally, I think the new Maxima is quite ugly, IMHO.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Reading Topic: Automobile Mag seems to like the 6

Wow! The maxima is just getting uglier and uglier! I'm so glad I'm not a maxima fan.

·
Registered
178 Posts

You got that right the Maxima looks like crap. It has a big 3.5 under the hood and some nice interor items and that is about it. The TSX looks sweet as hell but only a 2.4 under the hood. That is a big turnoff to me.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I have to disagree with you about the TSX, it might look pretty in pictures but in real life the car is pretty bland.

·
Registered
315 Posts

I thought the TSX looked great at the Chicago autoshow. Clean lines and nice clean interior.
Some of it's line remind me of the 6.

I can't believe that Acura left the front that way though. It looks like it copied the 6. :)

Tome

·
Registered
77 Posts

Yah, that is the one thing that I cant understand from the reviews of the new Maxima. Granted looks are a relative thing, but the new Max is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen on the road. And, the auto reviewers all call that "distinctive styling".

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Distinctive is not necessarily pretty. Some of the Maxima is very distinctive, yes. But after seeing it in person, the side profile of the car looks quite a bit like a big Saturn Ion.

Although I don't like Nissan's new styling cues, they should be applauded for "breaking the mold" and being unique. Even the '6, while sharp, is still a very conventional design. Nissan is breaking the conventional design, and they should be commended for that, pretty or not.

So back to the issue. Is the Maxima distinctive? Yes, sure it is.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Yeah, ive noticed myself now...more and more as I drive I see other cars and go. "Hey that looks kinda like a 6" Things look kinda like it, but theres still nothing like it!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

It is one thing to break the mold. It's another to drop it from three stories high and shatter it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13

It is one thing to break the mold.  It's another to drop it from three stories high and shatter it.[/b]
:hoho

·
Registered
482 Posts

What? We compare Mazima with 6? I think this is cool

·
Registered
199 Posts

Acura just needs to re-introduce the legend. It gets my vote for one of the best all time lux sedans.

I think the TSX looks cheap. More like a honda then a Acura. The Maxima is a beast when it comes to power, but thats all its got.

The only car that even makes me thing twice about my Purchase is the G35, but thats not fair because its 7 K more expensive.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Maybe because the TSX is more Honda than Acura :p

·
Registered
357 Posts

I have driven my friends 2004 maxima and let me tell you it is very powerful off the line and this was a auto. It would blow away my 6s auto! but the steering is so horrible it makes my throttle lag look better. I can deal w/ the lag but the pulling of that wheel would make my arms hurt! The maxima has alot of bling inside such as auto folding mirriors, seat memory and heating steering wheel. but the steering just killed it for me. maybe im spoiled w/ my 6's nimble steering. The only car that would turn my head is also the g35 which i wanted but only could afford a lease and i was looking to buy. That car is a real gem but very expensive once you put options in it.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

There was a thread miner from Tennessee
who was thinking, "Now let us see"
I will find us a post,
that's so dead it's a ghost
but all members they say: "let them be!!"

Steve 6er, the limerick maker. *lol*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts